Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-04-2016, 06:40 PM   #1

1500 mile trip just completed!

Just finished 1500 mile trip with my new Seneca, it drives like dream, everything worked like a charm except the tankless what're heater tripped and I had to pull out the useless tech manual. They talk about a reset button but don't show you where to look. Thank god someone out there youtubed how to reset the tankless hot water heater. As for the fueling, I did passenger tank first then moved rig to other pump and filled driver side just like it was recommended in this forum. With 2500 miles on the odometer, during this trip I averaged 11-12 miles per gallon non towing. Florida to Indiana round trip. Oh it took about 2 gallons of DEF.
Joe1mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 06:49 PM   #2

Glad it (mostly) went well!
I am one of the Seneca owners that opted to replace the Girard tankless water heater and I am very happy I did. The tankless work well for some folks and their camping styles, just not mine.

How did your fuel gauge compare to what it actually took to fill it? Many other owner's gauges seem to read artificially "low", I wonder if I am the only exception since mine reads pretty close!
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 07:11 PM   #3

Gas gauge

That gas gauge was sporadic to say the least. I would fill both tanks to the top, drive about 50 miles then it would jump to 3/4 then slowly fall back towards full. Freightliner should address that issue. I placed some duct tape over mirror brackets which stopped the wind noise from entering the cab. What about tire rotation on a big unit like ours?
Joe1mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 07:20 PM   #4

I have to admit I have never seen any recommendation to rotate the tires on a rig like ours.

If you decide or need to, it probably won't be done at home since few of us have a torque wrench capable of tightening them to the recommended 500 lb/ft!
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 07:31 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe1mc View Post
What about tire rotation on a big unit like ours?
Never rotated tires on our 08 SENECA and put 50,000 on the tires. Michelin says its not needed unless you see an uneven wear pattern
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote