Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-26-2018, 06:31 AM   #1

2006 Seneca Mods

Spent the weekend ripping up carpet where the slide out is located to replace with vinyl flooring planks that is waterproof. I left the carpet on top of the slide out, but removed the sofa, seat belts, dinette table and seat belt mounts. I found out that the slide needs to be pulled out past it's stops to get to the carpet underneath the slide. This entails removing all the trim from the slide out as the trim acts as stops. The carpet is nearly bolted to the floor under there. I didn't want to screw with pulling out the slide that far so I cut the carpet flush with the edge of the slide out and started the vinyl against the carpet. I might have 3 inches of carpet under the slide. I tacked the carpet to the vinyl on the first row to keep it from getting wadded up under the slide out. The slide out does not have rollers or skids it just rubs the bottom weatherproofing material across the floor. I have the vinyl covered to keep it from scratching under the slide out.

I removed the black plastic stairwell box (Does anyone know what this is called or have a part number so I can order a new one?) as it was cracked and the anti slip tread was pulling up from all the dirt and water over the years. To finish off the project I covered the floor with a new Indian Motorcycle rug and put new furniture in the dinette area and slide. Pics to follow as soon as I can figure out how to attach them.
Indianrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 07:55 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indianrider View Post
Spent the weekend ripping up carpet where the slide out is located to replace with vinyl flooring planks that is waterproof. I left the carpet on top of the slide out, but removed the sofa, seat belts, dinette table and seat belt mounts. I found out that the slide needs to be pulled out past it's stops to get to the carpet underneath the slide. This entails removing all the trim from the slide out as the trim acts as stops. The carpet is nearly bolted to the floor under there. I didn't want to screw with pulling out the slide that far so I cut the carpet flush with the edge of the slide out and started the vinyl against the carpet. I might have 3 inches of carpet under the slide. I tacked the carpet to the vinyl on the first row to keep it from getting wadded up under the slide out. The slide out does not have rollers or skids it just rubs the bottom weatherproofing material across the floor. I have the vinyl covered to keep it from scratching under the slide out.

I removed the black plastic stairwell box (Does anyone know what this is called or have a part number so I can order a new one?) as it was cracked and the anti slip tread was pulling up from all the dirt and water over the years. To finish off the project I covered the floor with a new Indian Motorcycle rug and put new furniture in the dinette area and slide. Pics to follow as soon as I can figure out how to attach them.
Looking forward to detailed pictures, I'd like to try the same project on our coach.
2006 Seneca 35GS.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Krappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 08:04 AM   #3

Wow, just wow! What a project.
We would love to see any and all pictures you have.

You could post pictures to the FG Seneca group;https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/g...on+owners.html

You could also create a Registry for your Seneca here;
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/registry

Thanks for all the detail regarding the slides. We need to adjust ours and had no idea if the PG in the Seneca used rollers or not. It will make the job simpler and less worrisome, for us.

Sorry but we can't offer any insight on the step well, might need to make a new one from MDF and steel braces?
Please let us know when you have posted pictures.
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 08:05 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krappa View Post
Looking forward to detailed pictures, I'd like to try the same project on our coach.
2006 Seneca 35GS.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
You are welcome to do ours first.
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 05:45 PM   #5

I am interested in doing this as well, do you have any pics that you can post?
pdvorak75 is offline   Reply With Quote