Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-16-2017, 02:28 PM   #1

2007 Jayco Duramax Engine/Tranny questions LLY or LBZ 5 or 6 speed

So i just bought an 2007 loaded Seneca 35gs with 40k miles for about 60k. 1 owner rig

Im a duramax guy, i have 3 of them now, i cannot for the life of me figure out online what engine RPO code this is. 8th digit is a 2. which most people claim is the late LLY which is really a LBZ with LLY tuning?? Can anyone confirm this?

also is the Allison a 5 or 6 speed? It does not have the tap shift like the regular trucks do on the shifter but i can't find any picture on google of any c5500 trucks with the tap shift. I have read if you have a 5 speed its really a 6 speed without the tuning for 6th gear?? and you can unlock it from a flash tune

causing at 60mph RPMs are right about 1750RPM. I haven't gotten it to 70 yet to check the RPMs It feels like theres a 6th gear but that could be the Torque converter locking up also, I'm not sure. But it doesn't unlock when you tap the brake pedal as most GM's do when in lock up

anyways just looking for some answers on this, mainly cause i like knowing what i have.

Thanks
westside1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 03:36 PM   #2

The OD button is on the dash and yes Allison can do a tune for the 6 speed. Also you may not exceed much over 70 as those chassis are governed.

There is a "Super C" group on.YAHOO with many KODIAK owners and one member who. s extremely well versed in the engine and trany. Do a search and join up.
Old 09-17-2017, 06:08 PM   #3

2005 would have been the last year for the LLY. The LBZ went from 06 to 07 with the mid 2007 changing to the particulate filter setup. Some early '06 models had carryover LLY engines with upgraded internals.

Given you have a 2 and not a D, it looks like you have an '06 chassis with the upgraded LLY.

Some LLY trucks came with the 6-speed.
foglght is offline   Reply With Quote