Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-19-2019, 04:34 PM   #1

2007 Seneca Remodel

I am in the process of remodeling my 2007 Class C Seneca. The issue I have is the bedroom carpet. Unlike the two forward slides, I couldn’t locate any bolts etc, to take the bed apart to remove it in order to get the old nasty shag carpet out. So I cut it out around the bed. Now have about a 1/2” distance from sub floor to bottom of bed. I tested the slide by bringing it in a couple of inches. The carpet I could see underneath the edge of the bed disappeared under bed. Now the top of slide goes all the way out but the bottom has an inch or so to go to be fully extended. Can anyone provide any information or suggestions please. Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
9A4C1B55-B6B3-4EF6-ADD4-DC0CAAFD969C.jpg   23E9D360-E55D-4564-9445-96180F8EBE5F.jpg  
Bayougirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 04:48 PM   #2

I just replaced my bedroom carpet in my trailer and I had to deal with the same thing. I put in vinyl planks as the replacement to the carpet. I simply added some thin molding to the bottom of the bed to hid the edges of the carpet
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2584.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	47246

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 05:07 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
I just replaced my bedroom carpet in my trailer and I had to deal with the same thing. I put in vinyl planks as the replacement to the carpet. I simply added some thin molding to the bottom of the bed to hid the edges of the carpet
Attachment 47246
Thank you I was thinking of doing the molding. I am concerned about the nasty carpet under the bed that I cannot get to. I am wondering if the in and out of the slide will cause the carpet to ball up under it? Has the bed damaged your new flooring any?
Old 02-19-2019, 05:14 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayougirl View Post
Thank you I was thinking of doing the molding. I am concerned about the nasty carpet under the bed that I cannot get to. I am wondering if the in and out of the slide will cause the carpet to ball up under it? Has the bed damaged your new flooring any?

I haven’t noticed any issues with mine. I would try to cut the carpet back as far as you can before you install the molding. No problem with the bed damaging the new flooring. Make sure you watch the bed’s movement when the slide goes in/out before you install the molding. The bed may be closer to the floor when retracted (like mine) so if you nail the molding onto the bed in the extended position it will rub when you bring in the slide.

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 05:27 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
I haven’t noticed any issues with mine. I would try to cut the carpet back as far as you can before you install the molding. No problem with the bed damaging the new flooring. Make sure you watch the bed’s movement when the slide goes in/out before you install the molding. The bed may be closer to the floor when retracted (like mine) so if you nail the molding onto the bed in the extended position it will rub when you bring in the slide.
Thank you to both of you for your quick advice. Greatly appreciated