Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-23-2021, 11:00 AM   #1

2008 Jayco Seneca 35gs chassis batteries dead

Well after a year being sick before COVID and a year of COVID my chassis batteries are dead and they are 5 years out on a 3 year warranty. They are located inside the passenger door step. The current ones are ac delco 31T 900 Cpa atm units. Locally in this small town two things are stated. What is the vin number I looked it up and see online depending on one vin number you use this on the rest you use that. Then everyone says none in stock.

From what I’ve decoded is it’s a group 31 atm 900 ccw battery that uses threaded studs. I think I found some on eBay odyssey make which I believe is a superior maker/supplier.

I know the unit is over a decade old but it’s in great shape except the battieries both coach and chassis and the rear cap that I need to repair and replace the tail lenses on. I bought it in 2015-6 with less than 20k miles on it it’s paid for and works great for me the only two interior cosmetic changes I want are remove the diner and replace with a table and 4 chairs 2 folding 2 solid. And an entertainment cabinet in the cab over since I only exspect to need the sleeper sofa and my master queen bed. If I was going to move in it full time I would probably make those two mods and maybe remove the sofa for something else but I don’t exspect that happening unless the 5ver collapses or something similar The Motorhome home will work better if I’m totally wheelchair bound once I and the chair are inside wide open floor plan. I would love to have a chairlift for a power chair installed down the road when it becomes necessary. Then I’ll need a way to transfer to a front seat for travel Now I’m able short walks like from the fuel receptacle to the coach door. Using the rig for balance walks inside will require the chair or walker depending on distance.

I might replace the radio for gps capabilities I’m not in to sat radio I prefer audiobooks myself. I just need to interface my iPad/iPod/iPhone for that. I love the radio in my Jeep it has everything and Apple phone or what ever it is called is fantastic for connect an iPhone to the car radio.

My only two exterior slights are the bay doors lift up and not to the side for easier access and the rest mirror is almost useless it sticks out just far enough to to catch the front awning post and the side of the rig It might be rotated out enough to to see more but I’m not sure.
Blackey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disabled, mods, seneca 35gs