Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-03-2022, 06:08 PM   #1

Question 2008 Seneca 35gs Wiring problem..

Hello all, I have a 2008 Jayco Seneca 35gs, I have a couple wires that came loose under the unit by the battery solenoid and the Battery isolator I believe this happened when I slid the drawer back in after replacing the batteries, I have a bigger Red and white Stripped wire I cant figure out were it goes, and a green on the bottom of the battery shut off switch Does anyone have pictures of that area? or know where the wire goes? Thanks for your help..
willystwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 06:25 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by willystwin View Post
Hello all, I have a 2008 Jayco Seneca 35gs, I have a couple wires that came loose under the unit by the battery solenoid and the Battery isolator I believe this happened when I slid the drawer back in after replacing the batteries, I have a bigger Red and white Stripped wire I cant figure out were it goes, and a green on the bottom of the battery shut off switch Does anyone have pictures of that area? or know where the wire goes? Thanks for your help..
Is everything working? That unit also had the solar pre-wire and those wires were just hanging loose in the battery compartment. Could it be them?
Old 02-03-2022, 07:01 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Is everything working? That unit also had the solar pre-wire and those wires were just hanging loose in the battery compartment. Could it be them?
I have no idea I replaced the batteries slid the tray in, then the back up lights started flashing on and off with the Battery switch was off and the key removed, I tightened every ground wire I could find, opened the drawer after the steps would not open, I found the steps did not work. and went to put the jacks down too crawl under they had lights on the panel but would not go down..I replaced the main battery shut off switch, the sylinoid, and the battery isolation manage, Three self resetting 20 amp breakers, chased them the wires are hot..but have a red and white stripped wire with no clue where it goes, a bundled up white ground wire, and the green off the negative side of the sylinoide which is a positive spare wire I believe..I am tracing the steps out tomorrow and will figure it out, I can figure out the hydraulic jacks, I dont have a clue where the large red and white wire could go but it might be a solar prewire..
willystwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 07:07 PM   #4

If I remember correctly the steps are off the chassis battery. So is the control voltage for the leveling jacks. Just the main power line (battery cable for the pump) is off the coach batteries.

Tags
battery isolator wiring, battery shutoff wiring