Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-25-2020, 07:48 PM   #1

2008 Seneca entertainment center questions

Hi

I seem to have no power to my plug at the main tv either with the inverter on or off. It seems like the inverter is nit supplying power.

Where does the inverter source it’s 12v from? I did recently upgrade the stereo in the cab and wondering if I messed something up there.

Also for a separate question. There are three speakers in the ceiling in front of the tv. What plays out of those? The stereo in the cab plays out most of the speakers except for these three. I assumed the tv would play over those but it’s not
Dizzyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 08:42 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzyj View Post
Hi

I seem to have no power to my plug at the main tv either with the inverter on or off. It seems like the inverter is nit supplying power.

Where does the inverter source it’s 12v from? I did recently upgrade the stereo in the cab and wondering if I messed something up there.

Also for a separate question. There are three speakers in the ceiling in front of the tv. What plays out of those? The stereo in the cab plays out most of the speakers except for these three. I assumed the tv would play over those but it’s not
The inverter draws power directly from the battery. There is probably a reset breaker on the front of the converter. Several of the ceiling speakers were for the surround sound system/dvd player and they are separate from the radio.
Old 11-26-2020, 10:24 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
The inverter draws power directly from the battery. There is probably a reset breaker on the front of the converter. Several of the ceiling speakers were for the surround sound system/dvd player and they are separate from the radio.
I looked at the inverter. It’s on (shore power since I’m connected to shore). The gfci on the inverter was tripped. I hit reset, but I cannot get the reset button to pop by pressing test. I plugged a light directly into the back of the inverter and there is no power there. Does this mean I have a bad inverter?
Dizzyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 10:51 AM   #4

There is also a breaker in the main panel for the inverter, did you check that? If that isn't tripped sounds like the inverter could be bad since it has an internal transfer switch that allows it to pass through shore power.
Old 03-18-2021, 06:15 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzyj View Post
There are three speakers in the ceiling in front of the tv. What plays out of those? The stereo in the cab plays out most of the speakers except for these three. I assumed the tv would play over those but it’s not
Those surround speakers are from the house stereo setup -- not the dash radio.
Sony STR-DH590 for surround sound
LED headlights
KilMat on the cab floor & AutoDrive Center Console
JoeyNick is offline   Reply With Quote