Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-18-2020, 05:13 PM   #1

2008 Seneca inverter replacement

Hi. The xantrex inverter in my Seneca went out. I’m trying to replace it with a like kind inverter that will use the same remote switch.

I called. Xantrex and purchased a prowatt inverter. It also uses a similar looking remote switch. Unfortunately after installing it appears that the new pro watt uses a 6 wire rj 11 plug and the old one only uses a 4 wire.

So now I’m looking to run a new wire. It appears the the wire goes from the remote panel down to the floor, behind the shower, behind the sink and into the electrical cabinet in the master. The cable is wire loomed and I don’t see any feasible way of pulling a new cable threw.

Any thoughts here? I guess I could try to find the older exact model inverter. But wondering if anyone has any guidance on how to pull a wire from behind the shower.

Thanks
Dizzyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 05:53 PM   #2

Not knowing your layout, there is usually a way to string new wiring, I have done it several times on our 2018.5 Seneca. It may possible to go a more direct route. Do you have a heater vent under the shower base by chance? If so you can pull the vent out and access under the shower that way. I have used the yellow fiberglass rods that many call "Fish Sticks" to feed wire through areas in, around or under cabinets.
Attached Thumbnails
i-ZPrHFsB-X2.jpg  

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 06:25 PM   #3

If you pull the false bottom under the sink that will allow you to follow the water lines behind the shower. You may need to pull the bottom out of the pantry as well, that and the one under the sink should be stapled down. Hard to explain, but that is how I would approach it.
Old 12-18-2020, 06:39 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
If you pull the false bottom under the sink that will allow you to follow the water lines behind the shower. You may need to pull the bottom out of the pantry as well, that and the one under the sink should be stapled down. Hard to explain, but that is how I would approach it.
I’ve pulled the false bottom under the sink before (for the check valve) but did not realize the pantry was an option. That would probably get me there for sure!
Old 12-18-2020, 07:43 PM   #5

In my pic, you can see the vanity access panel has been removed. Lots of those panels are easy to pop out and I use these screws to re attach the panels as it’s easier than dealing with staples and nice if you ever have to remove them in the future.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JDU96QW...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 10:13 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
In my pic, you can see the vanity access panel has been removed. Lots of those panels are easy to pop out and I use these screws to re attach the panels as it’s easier than dealing with staples and nice if you ever have to remove them in the future.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JDU96QW...ing=UTF8&psc=1
Appreciate the help. I made the I made the staples work once but they won’t work a second time