Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-20-2017, 03:55 PM   #1

2013 Seneca 36FK Fuel Gauge Issue

I have a question for others regarding the fuel gauge reading. Since new, my fuel gauge will go all the way down to the empty and the low fuel warning light come on when I have only used about 40 gallons of fuel. Freightliner replaced the sending unit, but it still does the same thing. I have just lived with going by my mileage to know when I need fuel (or the trusty stick in the fuel take to be sure) method. I just really do not like looking at the low fuel light all the time. Was curious is anyone else has (or better yet had) this same issue. After four years I just feel like I need to do something about it.
KuhlmanaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 05:12 PM   #2

Just a fact of life in my 2016 HJ. I've heard others have changed them out with no luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 Seneca HJ
2004 Wrangler
Mountain Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 07:55 PM   #3

There are a lot of detailed threads on here about this very issue.

A lot of us have gotten scangauges, which is what I've done. It has not ever failed me. Unless my gen is running at full-tilt for several hours, even its consumption makes next to no impact on the scangauge's reading. For instance, coming back from Mackinac Island, last week, my scangauge said we had 52 gallons used and I ended up filling up with a total of 53 and some change.

They are a bit pricey, but not having much of a clue as to how much fuel you've used, how much you have is certainly worth it!
Old 09-20-2017, 07:58 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis02 View Post
There are a lot of detailed threads on here about this very issue.

A lot of us have gotten scangauges, which is what I've done. It has not ever failed me. Unless my gen is running at full-tilt for several hours, even its consumption makes next to no impact on the scangauge's reading. For instance, coming back from Mackinac Island, last week, my scangauge said we had 52 gallons used and I ended up filling up with a total of 53 and some change.

They are a bit pricey, but not having much of a clue as to how much fuel you've used, how much you have is certainly worth it!

I forgot to mention I do have one of those as well. It just frustrates me when something simple like the fuel gauge does not work correctly. Thank for the info, I will poke around and check out the other threads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fulltime RVer
KuhlmanaZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
36fk, fuel, fuel gauge, seneca