Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-08-2021, 07:56 PM   #1

2014 fs bunk slide issue

We’ve had our 2014 FS for a year now. Multiple trips near home and never an issue. Just drove 1500 miles and the bunk slide didn’t want to extend.

Both front and rear motors are turning but the rearmost sounded like it the motor wasn’t turning the gear or it was not engaging the track. Front motor works no problem. I had my wife hold the button and I was able to help the rear out Into position. I’m at a site for a few more days so I don’t want to bring it in yet for fear that it won’t go back out.

I’ve read about a set screw for the motor but I’m not sure if it’s on the inside or outside of the coach. Also the rearmost motor looks to be completely inaccessible due to the cabinet trim.

Anyone have any tips or experience with this type of issue?
Kwnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 09:10 PM   #2

In my 2018 Greyhawk 31fs the rear motor is accessible from under & outside the slide. You have to unscrew a plastic cutout piece to get to it. Front motor , you remove drawer under bottom bunk. Good luck the factory uses a skinny Miget to install them , plus the Miget has 6 ft arms....
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 09:49 PM   #3

Assuming it the Schwintek slide if the motor its not accessible from the inside due to cabinet trim it can normally be accessed from outside with the slide partially extended.

Yes I have heard of other rigs, primarily over on the Thor Forums, having the issue with the motor set screw coming loose.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 02:36 PM   #4

Just in case anyone finds this in a search. What I found was that the motors were secure. The slide mechanism screws into the rv frame on the outside of the coach on both front and back with self tapping screws ( only visible with slide out). On the rear of the slide I found three screws that had the head sheared off and then there were another three or so that had pulled out and weren’t doing anything. This was allowing the wall to flex and binding up the slide. I also found that the upper track on the rear of the slide had had worn down some of the ridges from the flex in the area where the motor first starts engage the track to push out the slide. I’ll need to replace the upper track someday but for now I lubricates the gears and track, replace a bunch of screws and it’s working. Some of the screws I had to drill out and put a larger screw in and in some areas I drilled a new hole and installed extra screws.
Old 05-02-2021, 02:43 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwnate View Post
Just in case anyone finds this in a search. What I found was that the motors were secure. The slide mechanism screws into the rv frame on the outside of the coach on both front and back with self tapping screws ( only visible with slide out). On the rear of the slide I found three screws that had the head sheared off and then there were another three or so that had pulled out and weren’t doing anything. This was allowing the wall to flex and binding up the slide. I also found that the upper track on the rear of the slide had had worn down some of the ridges from the flex in the area where the motor first starts engage the track to push out the slide. I’ll need to replace the upper track someday but for now I lubricates the gears and track, replace a bunch of screws and it’s working. Some of the screws I had to drill out and put a larger screw in and in some areas I drilled a new hole and installed extra screws.
Thanks for taking the time to give an update. I will be checking mine out this week for sure.
Kar Kaddy SS
javamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 02:45 PM   #6

One more tip. The screws look like a torx head but they take a square head bit.
Old 05-19-2021, 07:41 PM   #7

I have found you have to keep the tracks lubricated. I use a dry spray lube often and haven't had a problem since.
Silverfox188 is offline   Reply With Quote