Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-12-2015, 03:23 PM   #1

2015 Seneca quality issues

So I was under our 2015 37HJ today and noticed the rubber fuel hose for the generator was lying on the rear axle near where the Panhard bar connects. Also noticed wiring lying on the air suspension leveling switch and parking brake cable. These are huge safety concerns and potential fire hazards. I would recommend anyone who owns one of these POSs to take a close look!!!
70mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 09:16 AM   #2

I agree..dont believe all the Amish work ethic crap. My toyhauler needed some fine tuning as well. Be glad you can get underneath and make some changes if needed. Nylon ties are a must as well as frame inspection. In Jaycos defense my octane 29zx has a great frame. No issues after two years and welds look just fine. I inspect and fine tune or adjust or fix most things myself. Good luck.
octane29zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 11:54 AM   #3

I just got gray hawk , up behind TV is panel with coax cable hook ups that says prewired satellite rooftop .where are the other ends I want to put a satellite dish on top ??
Ronnie25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 12:56 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie25 View Post
I just got gray hawk , up behind TV is panel with coax cable hook ups that says prewired satellite rooftop .where are the other ends I want to put a satellite dish on top ??
They are usually above one of the ceiling light fixtures. Contact JAYCO and the should tell you, or ask your dealer tomorrow.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 07:47 AM   #5

I am struggling with fit and finish issues as well.
Old 09-14-2015, 10:14 AM   #6

Lots of fit and finish issues (as with any RV manufacturer these days)... thus, the two year warranty. The best repair work that we have had done was at the factory service center in Middlebury.
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 10:21 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Logans View Post
Lots of fit and finish issues (as with any RV manufacturer these days)... thus, the two year warranty. The best repair work that we have had done was at the factory service center in Middlebury.
If I may ask, how were you able to access the factory to get your repairs done? I have had door lock issues on my '14 Seneca TS since I first got it. My local servicing dealer is not a Jayco motorized dealer and seems to have trouble getting calls back from Indiana as to how to permanently fix my problem. I have been through 4 keypads and now 2 locks and it still doesn't work! I am willing to take it to the factory, but I know you have to be "pre-approved" for that to happen.

Thanks!
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 10:42 AM   #8

Robbbyr

We called Jayco Customer Service, and set up an appointment. We decided to make a mini-vacation of it, and got a motel room almost across the street from factory, and rented a car. We just let them have the moterhome for 4 days, while we played tourist, and ate ourselves silly.

We even took both factory tours, went to the RV museum, the flea market, the grist mill, the cheese factory, etc.

They took care of everything at one time, and really treated us well.

Make sure to make a comprehensive list of everything that you need done!

Hope that this helps... Ed
2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 07:02 PM   #9

Warning danger Same problem with fuel hose

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70mach1 View Post
So I was under our 2015 37HJ today and noticed the rubber fuel hose for the generator was lying on the rear axle near where the Panhard bar connects. Also noticed wiring lying on the air suspension leveling switch and parking brake cable. These are huge safety concerns and potential fire hazards. I would recommend anyone who owns one of these POSs to take a close look!!!
After reading about the issue with the fuel hose noted by another member I requested my son take a look under my 2015 Seneca TS. He found the same problem and we now have remove the air bag actuator just temporary to route the hose out of danger.
I hope the factory stops doing this as it seems it should be oblivious this could cause a fire.
johnd
2015 Seneca TS
jeep wrangler tj dingy
jdshep1 is offline   Reply With Quote