Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-22-2016, 03:48 PM   #1

2016 Seneca error message: park brake not set

HI all,
I am new to the site, started up the rig today and when i put it in gear i get a message on the dash, Park brake not set, ? also the lever beeping, says low voltage.
lucemw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 05:40 PM   #2

Welcome to JOF!
Unfortunately I can't help, never had or heard of a similar issue from forum members regarding their Senecas. I assume you have a unit with air brakes, mine only has an air-actuated parking brake. Maybe another owner with air brakes will have some ideas.

Also not sure what you mean when you mentioned "lever beeping". Can you clarify?
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 09:43 PM   #3

lucemw, prior to 2016 as Rob said we have air assisted hydraulic brakes. The emergency brake automatically sets when you place the trans in P. On my prior A the air brakes had to be set manually. Not sure what Jayco implementation is. Also on the class A (not sure if this is related) when you shut the engine off while in N vs P, you get unusual results. One more thing, if you start the engine and roll in N you will get dinging...it expects you to be in a gear if you're moving.

A call to Seneca support line may be appropriate if no one has had an experience like yours.

2019 Renegade Valencia 38RW
Gone: 2015 Jayco Seneca / 2010 Tiffin RED / ...
Toads: 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited / 2012 Kia Soul
WaltW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 09:44 AM   #4

Re being in N, the system expects you to have your foot on the brake if in N. The more I think about it, I suspect you were in N and your foot was off the brake and the parking brake was not set.

2019 Renegade Valencia 38RW
Gone: 2015 Jayco Seneca / 2010 Tiffin RED / ...
Toads: 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited / 2012 Kia Soul
WaltW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 02:58 PM   #5

I too am new to this forum, hopefully someone will have a diagnosis for us...I have a 2016 37ts that occasionally shows the same "parking brake not set" talked to freightliner and they said the problem might be at the automatic air switch which engages maxi brakes when you place transmission in park. Only happens occasionally. When displaying warning lights audible alarm sounds as well. However motorhome operates normally and lights and alarm quit after moving a few hundred feet. Interested in your diagnosis
Fatdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 06:42 PM   #6

One of the cab doors is open. If the engine is running, transmission in gear, parking brake released and you open a door that message will activate. Make sure the doors are closed all the way. I learned this from experience when the passenger door was not closed all the way but looked closed.
LSA376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 09:32 PM   #7

Thank you for your reply..makes sense.. I will double check the doors if it happens again
Fatdragon is offline   Reply With Quote