Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-10-2020, 11:52 AM   #1

Smile 2017 Seneca 37TS New Tires

My Michelin tires are date coded 4015 and the actual inservice date of my rig was 04/16/2017 and now has 20,000 miles. Side walls were showing the standard MIchelin cracking and decide to have my local dealer check them out. His first comment "you need to replace them". I thought well Oh Oh, just what I did not want to here.
I asked the sales guy if Michelin would do anything for me and he said not very likely as the tires are almost 5 yr old. I asked if there was a Michelin Rep in the area that we could have come look at the tires..answer NO. OK, I said how about calling MIchelin. He said he would but can almost guarantee nothing or very little will come if it.
About 20 minutes later salesman comes out and says "Michelin will give you a little help" I said, OK anything is better than nothing. Then he says to me that Michelin will call me to explain the offer.
Phone rings and says"SCAM LIKELY" on my screen along with the phone number...Sales man says no that is Michelin.
I answer and the lady, Josee, proceeds to explain that I must purchase the tires and they would reimburse me a % of the retail tire cost but I would be responsible for the remaining tire cost and installation and balancing costs. I said that seems fair but at what % are you going to offer. Josee says 70% of the retail tire cost. I just about soiled my pants.
Looks like I will be getting a new set of tires, same as original, for about half the cost. Installation will be this Friday.
I have the offer from Michelin in writing Michelin Consumer Care

MY LUCKY DAY
2010 Toyota Tundra toad
Oma/opa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 12:08 PM   #2

You need to go buy a lottery ticket!
Old 06-10-2020, 12:15 PM   #3
Site Team

I got no help at all and they lost a good customer.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 08:13 PM   #4

Don't buy Michelin tires

I would pass on that deal. Michelin tires are notorious for side wall cracking. The safety of their tires would be my concern. Toyo and hankook have recieved good reviews. Don't replace junk with new junk.
Superseneca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 12:57 PM   #5

Very nice story! Glad to hear some good news. I keep mine covered all the time to avoid issue. I am slightly concerned that you only got 5 years and 3 years of use out of them.