Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-14-2018, 08:11 AM   #1

2018.5 Seneca air horn?

Looked at new Seneca while at the dealer on Monday. Noticed that the unit has what appears to be an air horn loop. I did not pull it to check. I opened the hood and did not see any horns but really did not dig into it too much.
Just curious if they are putting in real horns now or if this was for something else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 08:49 AM   #2

Sure looks like the lanyard I have seen on other Freightliner-based RVs. I wonder where they hid the trumpets too!
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 09:01 AM   #3

I think this guy wins for the best horns.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN0820.jpg  
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 11:28 AM   #4

YES they do have an air horn! The actual horn is mounted on the bottom of the cab under the drivers seat area. I got yelled at many times bringing the new Seneca home from the DW On the first pull of the cable, the plastic button that holds it to the liner popped right out, bounced off my arm and out the window My fix was a Stainless washer and button allen head screw....looks better anyway.
Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 11:53 AM   #5

Air horn

Yes 1 horn under the driver as high as it can be mounted & it sounds pretty good - I like my triple horn better but I would not change it if it had come with an air horn
Les

Les & Sandy
2016 Seneca HJ - Scangauge D - Truma Comfort
560 watts solar - Blue Sky 3024iL -IPN ProRemote - Trojan T-105RE
Good Sam Life Member - FMCA Member - Passport America
Les7h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 03:06 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
YES they do have an air horn! The actual horn is mounted on the bottom of the cab under the drivers seat area. I got yelled at many times bringing the new Seneca home from the DW On the first pull of the cable, the plastic button that holds it to the liner popped right out, bounced off my arm and out the window My fix was a Stainless washer and button allen head screw....looks better anyway.
This is awesome news. I have a 37TS on order and have been looking at air horns for it. Now I just wonder if I can just change out the trumpet and make it sound like a Freight train?
loki805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 08:31 AM   #7

I ended up going with a 4-trumpet horn from Vixen (VXH4114B). I went for something a bit different than most, because "that's the way we roll". -Ended up going with something with a more 'musical' tone. I mounted them in a down-firing position on the passenger side near the front bumper. To make the project simple, I just wired the solenoid of the new horn into the stock horn's harness with a 12v relay.

At robbyr's suggestion, I added a secondary air tank with pressure-protection valve so that, should a problem arise with my workmanship, I will still have air for my brakes/suspension. I also took the opportunity to add in a service air port w/ regulator so I can fill my tires etc.

Honestly, the horn that came with mine was so quiet; it was as much as safety issue as it was wanting a big horn. On at least two occasions, I recall, I needed someone to notice me and the stock horn failed to get their attention. -No longer a problem...
Old 03-16-2018, 01:14 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les7h View Post
Yes 1 horn under the driver as high as it can be mounted & it sounds pretty good - I like my triple horn better but I would not change it if it had come with an air horn
Les
Any chance they added a airline service port as well?
loki805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 02:36 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki805 View Post
Any chance they added a airline service port as well?
Put our three trumpets behind the passenger

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 12:21 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVermont View Post
Looked at new Seneca while at the dealer on Monday. Noticed that the unit has what appears to be an air horn loop. I did not pull it to check. I opened the hood and did not see any horns but really did not dig into it too much.
Just curious if they are putting in real horns now or if this was for something else?

Sent from my iPhone using

Tapatalk
I found the factory air horn under cab over transmission, I installed a triple train horn and cut line from stock and plugged right into triple train horn , now you can hear when you cut me off or for whatever reason I want to scare someone
rmjr70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 06:15 PM   #11

I like your solution a lot. Any chance for a picture of exactly where you mount the horns ...behind the bumper on the passenger side... and also , where did you install the air compressor and tank. Thanks
drdenniscarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 06:42 PM   #12

Now that that inter webs have it...you have to find a place to rehide your spare key.
Old 04-29-2018, 07:03 PM   #13

i mounted the triple horn on drivers side under seat area on the cross member and cut the factory air horn line and plugged it into new horn bypassing the relay , works great
Old 04-29-2018, 08:00 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmjr70 View Post
i mounted the triple horn on drivers side under seat area on the cross member and cut the factory air horn line and plugged it into new horn bypassing the relay , works great
What brand of triple horn did you use?

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 09:41 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyRoRyan View Post
Now that that inter webs have it...you have to find a place to rehide your spare key.
Ha Ha... that old key is still there today... but we had the lock changed since the Bauer lock quit and was replaced before the warranty expired. That key won't work anyways...
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 06:53 PM   #16

I have to go back on amazon and look , but all you need is the horns , i bought the complete kit and gave it to my cousin less the horns ,