Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-22-2019, 03:22 PM   #1

2018.5 Seneca Equalizer 3103

I have a 2018.5 Seneca that I'm still trying to get figured out. Thankfully I'm just about there but i have a couple of items that I would like to get fixed before the RV season begins. If my Seneca is not running, Jacks up, brakes on, power button off, and I turn the ignition switch on the warning lights begin to flash. I can go ahead and start the engine and the warning lights will time out after 5 or 6 minutes. What can I do to keep the lights from flashing in the first place?
EdwardOrmsbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 03:37 PM   #2

I need to get some clarification... When you say "turn the ignition switch on the warning lights begin to flash." Are you talking about the Freightliner dash warning lights? or the lights on the Equalizer Systems control panel?

If we have our jacks down, and we start our Seneca, we get the warning lights on the Eqalizer Systems jack control panel - until we raise the jacks up, and the lights stay on unitil we press the On/Off switch and shut down the Jacks Control Panel.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 03:55 PM   #3

Warning lights on Equalizer flash. For instance, I stop for gas and then restart the engine when I'm finished. The lights on the Equalizer flash until they timeout.
Old 03-22-2019, 04:06 PM   #4

I just read the pressing the all retract button will clear the lights. I also read that if the unit is stored with the jacks retracted for more than 24 hours the jacks down status lights may come on when the key is turned to the engine run position. That gives me something else to consider.
Old 03-22-2019, 07:59 PM   #5

After you start your Seneca engine... press the "all retract" and then power off the jacks. Does that clear the lights?
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 10:44 PM   #6

Depending on what alarms and lights are on. If the level control panel is on the ignition light might flash as well as the transmission light.
Assuming it is all the lights flashing It could be a bad pressure sensor or air in the fluid or a slight leak on one of the pistons. The equilizer system uses a sensor on the supply lines to the bottom of the pistons. If the pressure is low either from a leak or the pistons being down the alarm will ring until the pressure is built up.

On our first big trip after driving 500 miles in one day we pulled into the camp ground. I shut the unit off to sign in and when I got back to start the unit up the alarms started flashing. I looked under the rig and found one of the lines to a piston was loose and leaking fluid. Once I replaced the o ring the unit worked fine. That was the only time I have had the alarms except for when I start the unit up with the Jack's down.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 08:29 AM   #7

Yes it does. Thanks for your help.
Old 03-23-2019, 08:31 AM   #8

Yes, that works. Thanks for your help.