Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-02-2020, 08:38 PM   #1

2018.5 Seneca (S2RV Chassis) Sound System

Jayco doesn’t know. Dealer doesn’t know. What is the remote for that has only 4 (1, 2, 3 & 4) buttons on it? Does it have something to do with the box that has the lights on it in the drawer under the TV on our HJ model?
Martigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 09:00 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martigg View Post
Jayco doesn’t know. Dealer doesn’t know. What is the remote for that has only 4 (1, 2, 3 & 4) buttons on it? Does it have something to do with the box that has the lights on it in the drawer under the TV on our HJ model?
It is the remote for the HDMI switch box.....have never used it in 2.5 years
Attached Thumbnails
A2623ED2-7E22-45EC-AFDF-DDC622FEE785.jpg  

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 09:23 PM   #3

It works the box Rusty said. It seperates different feeds to each TV. My model RV has family, master and outside tv. My family tv is 1, master is 2 and outside is 3. We do not use 4, however I was going to mount a small tv in the bed above the cab. It takes up to four video feeds from differnent devices. We use ours every trip. For instance my littles can be in the master watching a cartoon video (on DVD), My teens watching a movie in the family room (from Micca movie sever with movies saved on a hard drive) and the wife and I watching the fights, supercross etc (directv) on the outside tv around the fire. Each tv can watch the same or different of any video feed you run into it via HDMI.
Rino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 10:10 AM   #4

2018.5 Seneca (S2RV Chassis) Sound System

Thanks for your input. Jayco CS is telling us that the radio (Garmin Infotainment) only pays through the Freightliner cab speakers. Don’t know if that is right or not. 1. Do we have surround sound? 2. What are all the speakers for that run from back of the cab to the rear bedroom?
Martigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 11:32 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martigg View Post
Thanks for your input. Jayco CS is telling us that the radio (Garmin Infotainment) only pays through the Freightliner cab speakers. Don’t know if that is right or not. 1. Do we have surround sound? 2. What are all the speakers for that run from back of the cab to the rear bedroom?

Once again, Jayco doesnt even know anything about what they build. Yes the Garmin/Fusion stereo DO play through the rear speakers. You have to go into the stereo settings and set up Zone 2 which is the rear speaker. Here is the manual.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RV-BBT601_OM_EN.pdf (1.93 MB, 18 views)

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 06:45 PM   #6

Garmin RV-600

What Brian (aka Rustynuts) is true. I have learned more from Brian's and others posts than Jayco or any of the many dealers.

As far as the Garmin goes you need the manual to benefit from its features and I have read about quite a few owners of this model that gave up and replaced it with with another brand. Also search and read the several threads on this device.

I started with the manual and found quite a few features that didn't seem to work. What made a world of difference was updating the Hub and Remote from the Garmin website - and you need to do both. Using a flash drive to update the Hub, and then taking the Remote inside to the computer worked for me. See pp 15-16 of the owners manual for the details and follow the directions closely.

Another gotcha is the USB connection in the dash comes from the Garmin - it is not just a 5V charging connection, but also a data input connection to the Garmin.
JohnAZ is offline   Reply With Quote