Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-12-2021, 11:25 PM   #1

2018.5 Seneca Slide Issues

Just started by 4 week stay in sunny Palm Springs for some sun and golf. Pulled into RV spot in Albuquerque, NM, and the passenger bedroom slide would not extend. Moved 2" then stopped. Went to Camping World in Albuquerque, they were great, and they got me right in to inspect. Seems the slide mechanism is shot. So we canceled our trip and headed back to Colorado, to get in line for repairs.
Anyone else have any issues with slides on the Seneca. The RV is just over 2 years old, with 8k miles. At least i have the extended warranty so should be covered.
Thanks.
Randyeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 11:42 PM   #2

Did one side move out more than the other and stop or was it even? I find it hard to believe that the mechanism is totally shot, there is a process to diagnose the system and it usually starts with checking the controller for codes. It could be as simple as being out of sync which is common if you don’t continue to hold the switch for 4-5 seconds free the slide stops when opening or closing.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 07:22 AM   #3

I have 2 slides on the passenger's side of the Accolade 37TS. One is the living area slide and the other the bedroom slide. The bedroom slide is a Swintek and they are prone to problems especially if the slide is not kept in sync.

You do not mention your Seneca model number and whether or not you have 2 slides or only one on the passengers side.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 07:25 AM   #4

I have 2 slides on the passenger's side of the Accolade 37TS. One is the living area slide and the other the bedroom slide. The bedroom slide is a Swintek and they are prone to problems especially if the slide is not kept in sync.

You do not mention your Seneca model number and whether or not you have 2 slides or only one on the passengers side.

Also, what is "shot" on the slide mechanism?
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 10:36 AM   #5

Thanks Rustynuts and EA37TS.
I have a 2018.5 Seneca 37FS, so 1 slide on each side. This is on the passenger side which houses the bunkbeds and the bedroom wardrobe.
The mechanism being shot was my choice of words. The tech described it as,"Manual mode will not run room out. Diagonisis found top track to bottom track on rear of slide, drive shaft must have walked down due to manufacturers defect on flare of shaft causing top to come unconnected to bottom of system. No reinforcement plates were installed either. H column has become twisted and damaged. Recommend whole new system or complete rebuild."
So I have an appt with Camping World in Co Springs, CO next week for them to begin to tear apart to determine parts list.
Don't know much about the slide workings but looks like I'm getting ready for a class on it.
Old 01-13-2021, 10:40 AM   #6

Rustnuts, additionally, it seemed one side would stop and the other keep moving. It looked slightly angled one side to the other. But the entire slide would only come out 2". Funny thing it worked fine in the morning, but there seemed to be some hesitation about halfway in and out.
Old 01-23-2021, 08:26 AM   #7

Slides in Synch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post

I've owned a Newmar and a Travel Supreme and I"ve never heard of keeping the slide "in synch". We just bought our 2018 Seneca. What is involved in "keeping them in synch"? Thanks in advance for your help.
dneeld52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 08:33 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dneeld52 View Post
I've owned a Newmar and a Travel Supreme and I"ve never heard of keeping the slide "in synch". We just bought our 2018 Seneca. What is involved in "keeping them in synch"? Thanks in advance for your help.
The SCHWINTEK system, which is NOT exclusive to JAYCO, has a motor on each side of the slide. You never stop until the slide is all the way out or in then hold the button for and additional few seconds. You will here the motors wine a little then stop. That keeps then in sync so you don't have problems.

Here's the info from LIPPERT.

https://store.lci1.com/blog/retiming...ully%20retimes.
Old 01-29-2021, 07:05 PM   #9

i had the same problem on my 2018.5 HJ, the bedroom dresser slide, one side always worked fine but the other side would only go about 2inches. I thought it was the motor on one side so I replaced the motor and still the same problem. Finally to it to a repair shop, they diagnosed it quickly, replaced the wiring from that slide to the controller which fixed the problem.
miles ahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 08:15 PM   #10

Thanks. I’ll discuss with camping world.
They have had it for a week so they should be getting back to me with their diagnosis.