Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-23-2021, 08:04 AM   #1

2018 Jayco 37TS Super C house batteries

Landing gear panel is warning of low voltage and steps have been working erratically. I sprayed CRC battery cleaner on the battery posts and performance improved. I am going to check the batteries with a multi meter but I would like to remove the batteries and have them tested to find out if I have a weak battery and to asses the overall condition of all of the house batteries as they are the batteries from the Jayco manufacturing plant. My actual question is can I put the landing gear down and the slides out then remove the batteries without issues to the landing gear or slide operations when I reconnect the batteries?
grdwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 08:33 AM   #2

You can remove the batteries from the unit with slides out and levelers down. I personally would keep the main large slide in as it is a pain to lift heavy batteries out with the over head access restricted by the slide. only possible issue with the jacks down is if you are currently having issue with them staying charged, ie a leaking cylinder of solenoid. if they currently hold the unit without turning on once in awhile then you should be good for day or so.

When removing the batteries be sure to have the unit shore power off and the 12 volt switch by the door off to reduce sparking. Also remember that the BIM could engage when it sees the voltage drop between the chassis and house batteries so you need to be sure that when you remove the positive leads you wrap and protect them from accidental contact. Even with the these precautions you might get some sparking when putting it back together, it is also possible to trip the resettable fuse on the top of the chassis batteries so if you have issues be sure to check that.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote