Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-31-2017, 04:42 AM   #1

2018 Jayco Seneca S2RV Chassis

We are contemplating a 2018+ Seneca on the new S2RV Chassis and we were looking for insight on this chassis.
JohnMBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 05:44 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMBeard View Post
We are contemplating a 2018+ Seneca on the new S2RV Chassis and we were looking for insight on this chassis.
Discussion and some chassis pictures in this thread. The S2RV discussion starts several pages in.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ill-43157.html

I don't recall any new owner reporting in yet, hope to get some first-hand feedback soon!
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 02:45 PM   #3

I just bought one with the about 6 weeks ago with the S2RV chassis and should take delivery in mid December. Therefore, I have no direct experience with it. However, here is the Freightliner link that tells you about the chassis: https://www.fcccrv.com/chassis/s2rv/#s2rv-overview.
Rafstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 09:19 AM   #4

I wonder how the Freightliner dealerships will treat the S2RV chassis for service and warranty work?

When we take our Seneca (M2-106 chassis) to Freightliner, they treat it as a fleet truck instead of an RV. They usually take RV's on Tuesday and Wednesday, by appointment...Usually because they have to take the bedrooms apart to service the Drivetrain in the rear of the motorhome - but they take our M2-106 anytime.

I don't see much difference between the M2 and the S2RV from the standpoint that they can raise the hood and go to work - I hope they treat them the same in Service.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 10:08 AM   #5

I have talked to a couple of fleet guys and they have told me that any Super-C to them (Freightliner dealerships) is just another truck and I do not have to pay the RV rate premium. I replaced my 2016 Newmar Ventana with the 2018 Seneca 37 TS because I could not get anyone to work on the engine on the Newmar.

As for differences, I think they upgraded the HP on the engine and the the Allison transmission went from a 2500 to a 3000. Also, I like the rear fill 100 gallon fuel tank. As soon as I get mine in mid December I am going to take it to the nearest Freightliner dealer and see if I can get another fuel tank installed.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:14 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafstar View Post
As soon as I get mine in mid December I am going to take it to the nearest Freightliner dealer and see if I can get another fuel tank installed.
And a second bladder for you too?!!
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 10:17 AM   #7

Hey, when my wife and I make our annual trip out west you are either driving or sleeping. LOL