Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-16-2020, 09:25 AM   #1

2018 Seneca Black water flush question

Hi,
New to the forum, thanks to everyone posting great information. Really helps as a newbie!

We have a used 2018 Seneca HJ. Took it down to the Texas coast last weekend for the first time. I have a 1000 questions to ask but will limit to 2 for this post.

1. Our sales rep told us to auto level the unit before putting out the slides. In reading the owners manual it states the opposite. I would think Jayco would know what is best for their product but thought I would ask those with the most experience.

2. In cleaning out the black water tank there is a white switch in the upper right that says "Pump " on it. (Picture attached) I cannot find anything in the owners manual on what this pump does. Is it supposed to be on when cleaning out the black tank?

Thanks again for all the posts and information!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0690.jpg  
allanlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 09:34 AM   #2

For me, I always level first then put the slides out.

That's your water pump for when you're dry camping and not hooked up to city water and are using your fresh water tank.

Jeff
jeffro01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 09:35 AM   #3

We have a '20HJ, we always level before putting out slides. Use auto-level first and then tweak manually.

The switch is for your water pump when you're not connected to a water source.

Enjoy your new rig, they're a blast!!
2010 Jeep Wrangler - TOAD
Wandrews530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 09:44 AM   #4

Thanks for the quick reply. Helps a bunch!
Old 10-16-2020, 09:45 AM   #5

Thanks for the quick reply. I will try manually tweaking because we feel we are sleeping with our head downhill when it auto-levels.
Old 10-16-2020, 10:00 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanlr View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. I will try manually tweaking because we feel we are sleeping with our head downhill when it auto-levels.
It is not unusual for the auto level "zero" point to need to be reset if you feel it isn't level. Your manuals pack should have one for your leveler system that will describe how to reset the system. You will need a good carpenter's level, I use my 4' one. I have to reset my system once a season or so, it seems our rough roads knock it out of whack.

And most Senecas have multiple water pump switches, my TS has the one in the wet bay, one in the control panel by the entry door, and one by the bathroom sink. Turning any of them on will allow the pump to run when you are using your freshwater tank, they all have to be turned off to shut the pump off. So if the pump switch is still lit up after you shut that switch off, another is on somewhere else.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 11:20 AM   #7

July response from Jayco when I inquired about one place in the manual saying level first and another saying extend slides first.

“David,
You are correct there is conflicting information in our generalized owner’s manuals.
We do feel it is best to what you are most comfortable with.
Either way is going to be fine.“
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 12:03 PM   #8

As others have said, level, slides out but you usually have to adjust after the slides are out anyway. I have set the Null many times and it’s never perfect. I did just install a Level Mate Pro and am loving it, they now have it set up for Motorhomes. It’s really handy if you are pulling in a rest area or parking lot for the night you can try and find a more level spot just driving around so I don’t have to put jacks down. Also helps when pulling in a spot you can jockey around to find the most level area.
Attached Thumbnails
4D39C32F-36BF-4A2C-8B81-1044F447B1F4.jpg  

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote