Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-10-2019, 07:51 AM   #1
MD3

2018 Seneca flooring replacement

We have a patch repair lifting on the linoleum in our 2018 Seneca. It is my understanding the main slide torn up the floor at the factory and the floor was patched at Jayco. This was disclosed to the dealer but not to us.
The repair is lifting and they want to replace the entire linoleum flooring.
I was told it is one piece of linoleum front to back of the RV. I was also told they do not remove cabinets but instead go around them and install a quarter round to hold the edges.

Has anyone else had the floor replaced and can post pictures ?

Just wondering if this is something they can make look good and clean or is this going to be a disaster. Kinda frustrated but atleast they are going to warranty the "fix".

_

_
2005 LJ Rubicon - Sahara #90
2019 Can Am X3 XRS Max
2009 ATC enclosed trailer
MD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 08:23 AM   #2

Ours was done last year due to screw pops under the floor. The guy who did the repair was very particular and proud of his work. Basically they pulled up the carpeting and then hyper extended out our kitchen slide, not quite fully out but far enough that they could get under the floating cabinets and sofa. He then cut the old vinyl out as close to the edge as possible. This was then taped down on the new one and he cut it slight larger then the outline. Then carefully refit into the coach.

We were able to pick a different flooring and since it is a wood look product it is hard to see imperfections.

He used matching color caulk and the unit looks great.

My only issue is another screw has popped up and waiting to see how they are going to fix this one....Attachment 51422Click image for larger version

Name:	20190710_101041.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	51423
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 06:55 PM   #3

I believe Rick in Houstion had this done at the factory and he was very happy with the work done. I also believe Jayco not Thor picked up and delivered his Seneca back to him.

On my 2017 we noticed a mark and line on the floor before it tore. I now placed a piece of steel on the floor before closing my slide. I'm amazed how marked up that steel is. I believe we had a screw that was to long holding down one side of the dinette. I removed both side and now have free standing chairs. The screws Jayco used were 1 3/4 inch long and the metal looks like one of those screws was longer because it happens in the same place everytime. Should be able to see something on the bottom of the slide but we can't find anything. This may not help you but perhaps someone else.
whporwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 10:53 AM   #4

I also have a slice in my flooring from our 2017 37TS living room slide. I have been unable to find the cause by sliding a flat bar under the slideout. From looking at the slice in the floor, you would think it was cut by a knife so it might have been the pointed end of a screw that has somehow disappeared . The flooring has now curled up and am trying to find a way to get it back down flat. If all else fails, I will cut a replacement piece from under the bed and use it for a patch. What is interesting is that on the newer models there is a piece of carpet that covers the area where I have the slice. Hmmm
2010 Toyota Tundra toad
Oma/opa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 09:05 PM   #5

I was at Tristar RV Service today having my living room slide adjusted. While there the owner showed me the new flooring he was installing on another 2017 36FK. He did not remove the cabinets or furniture. He stated that his material is superior to the OEM material. He installed it as one piece front to back, and used a very small shoe molding around the cabinets and furniture where it was needed. Looked fabulous!
Tristar is an authorized Jayco service center outside of Shipshewana, IN.
2017 Seneca 36FK
ChuckW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 08:05 AM   #6
Pjm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
I was at Tristar RV Service today having my living room slide adjusted. While there the owner showed me the new flooring he was installing on another 2017 36FK. He did not remove the cabinets or furniture. He stated that his material is superior to the OEM material. He installed it as one piece front to back, and used a very small shoe molding around the cabinets and furniture where it was needed. Looked fabulous!
Tristar is an authorized Jayco service center outside of Shipshewana, IN.
Can you please let me know what type of flooring he put down
Pjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 09:58 AM   #7

It was vinyl sheet goods I believe. The owner said it’s a much higher quality than the OEM product.

He also did a repair to our vinyl in the living room where a screw was backing out. It’s invisible and we have had no issues with the repair.
2017 Seneca 36FK
ChuckW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 06:46 AM   #8

Ours was recently done at the factory for a similar issue. I very poor repair was done by our selling dealership and this was repaired again by Jayco service in April. That repair began to yellow and I wanted it to be perfect. They did need to remove the kitchen slide and hyperextended the living room slide. Apparently they have quite a good reputation for this work. Very happy with the results! It did take a month to do.
Old 11-27-2019, 06:49 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oma/opa View Post
I also have a slice in my flooring from our 2017 37TS living room slide. I have been unable to find the cause by sliding a flat bar under the slideout. From looking at the slice in the floor, you would think it was cut by a knife so it might have been the pointed end of a screw that has somehow disappeared . The flooring has now curled up and am trying to find a way to get it back down flat. If all else fails, I will cut a replacement piece from under the bed and use it for a patch. What is interesting is that on the newer models there is a piece of carpet that covers the area where I have the slice. Hmmm
This carpet I have been told is because of recurring problems with scratches; it gives the slide something stub against. I make certain to vacuum the floor before retracting the slide so that no rock can slice the floor.