Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-31-2018, 04:01 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloPoke View Post
Mark - 25 miles away from us... right now
Darn Steve, I should have had you take my Seneca. Lol. I hope the trip is going well.
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 04:04 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVermont View Post
· The Truma Service Center is located at 3928 Anchuca Dr., Bay 13 & 14, Lakeland, FL 33811

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Paul. I've left messages with them.
Old 01-31-2018, 04:36 PM   #23

Dave from Truma just got back to me. It will cost $475 to upgrade to the Truma Comfort model. They cannot upgrade to Truma Comfort Plus as that is a OEM install.

I made an appointment for Monday April 23 as I will be in the Tampa area that weekend.

Thanks for the assistance guys. Another must have that I didn't know I needed.
Old 01-31-2018, 09:18 PM   #24

Mark,
That seams a bit high for "cost of parts." I paid about $250 for parts and $300 for labor which was refunded. I have found that if you leave it in comfort during cold temps, it keeps that bay and the lines safe down to 0, so it also improves cold weather camping.
Old 02-01-2018, 08:17 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGintys924 View Post
Mark,
That seams a bit high for "cost of parts." I paid about $250 for parts and $300 for labor which was refunded. I have found that if you leave it in comfort during cold temps, it keeps that bay and the lines safe down to 0, so it also improves cold weather camping.
I called Truma corporation and they said the free labor is on new installs only, not upgrades. Oh well, thanks anyway.

BTW, how did you make out on your transmission mod?
Old 02-28-2018, 09:59 AM   #26

Agree the fuel gauges are problem. I experience same problem. 2015 FK I had heat in cab and floor. pulled out seats and carpet and insulted the floor, also noticed main wiring coming into cab through two large drilled holes had no rubber grommets to protect the wiring. So installed grommets and sealed the holes with silicone. As side note both door channels were full of screws and left over trash. heat has improved as well as road noise. Also pulled the door panels and sealed with rattle trap material used in hot rods..big difference. good luck. ron
ronsimmmons41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 10:59 AM   #27

Ron,
What did you use for the insulation/padding under the carpet? I was thinking that this might be a good spring project.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 11:29 AM   #28

I used product called rattle trap..has insulating and noise reducing quality. It has super adhesion once stuck you will not pull off. It comes in rolls but there are many of them out there. Once you pull up carpet...look at holes where wiring comes through floor. Not a pretty sight,
Old 02-28-2018, 12:19 PM   #29

2018 Seneca M2 New owner

I saw the massive hole under the kick plate at the drivers door. Looks like the person used a broken drill bit. I wrapped insulation tape around the gash to prevent the wires from getting cut.

Thanks for the info on this product. I am going order and see how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 02:05 PM   #30

The same hole is on the passenger side. Also forgot to mention I pulled the door panels on both doors. Installed the rattle trap product on the door skins and on the inside panels..made big difference in noise level and sound. ron
Old 03-01-2018, 09:33 PM   #31

Was the door panels hard to remove? Any noise reduction would be great!
Abe padgett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 08:17 AM   #32

door panels senecca

The door panels are easy to take off. You have to pull door handle out to slide the panel over. Recommend you insulate the door skin and the cover plus the panel before you put it back on. Buy some of the aluminum tape to cover edges and seams for nice job and help seal. You will notice difference in noise and a solid feel when closing doors.
Old 03-02-2018, 08:04 PM   #33

We bought our 2017 37ts in Quartzsite too. Jan.29th. 9600 miles on it too. We really like it.
jrwldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 11:31 AM   #34

I just bought a 2018 Seneca and the previous owners made sure to have the engine and generator serviced but didn't mention anything about the front suspension. Is this a repair that is needed on a 2018 unit, or was it corrected before that? Also, assuming that a Freightliner dealer was involved? Thanks in advance for your help.

Damian Neeld
2018 Seneca HJ
dneeld52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 11:38 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
Welcome Bruce. I have a 18 37 TS (M2) and really enjoy it.

"Engine noise is present but not overwhelming. There is more wind noise than I expected but I think some of that can be reduced."----- On top of the exterior mirror brackets are small holes that create the whistling as wind blows past it. I filled the holes with chalking/silicone and problem solved. When we picked up our Seneca to take her home it was so bad my wife questioned why I bought this RV. Covering the holes makes a big difference.

"The Truma hot water system is great when hot water gets to the faucet. Unfortunately a lot of water is wasted while waiting."---- On my last trip I counted "one Mississippi, 2 Mississippi" while waiting for the water to get hot in the shower. It takes between 22 and 30 seconds for the water to get hot in the shower. I estimate that to be about 2-3 gallons. Not sure if that is good or bad. My wife loves the Truma as she can wash her hair and not run out of hot water, but we mostly use full hook up.

"The owners manual for the Garmin/Fusion radio/GPS/camera is not very informative. I am still trying to figure out the best way to interface Sirius radio". ----I had my dash apart a couple weeks ago to put in better speakers. On the rear of the Garmin radio is a Sirius input cable clearly marked.

"Fuel gauge was not even close to accurate. At 1/4 tank it would only take 32-34 gal both tanks combined." ----My low fuel light comes on at about 400 miles when I have about 30+ gallons remaining. Buy a Scan Gauge. I find it to be accurate to about 1 gallon. That was my first purchase and gives a lot of really good information. Make sure they know you have an 18 as the diagnostic port was changed on 2018 M-2.

Enjoy your Seneca. There is an unbelievable amount of information available on this forum. I honestly don't know what I would have done without the help of many of the people here.

Happy trails.
ScanGauge ? Where does it mount and what all is involved in installation?

Damian Neeld
2018 Seneca HJ
dneeld52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 01:27 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by dneeld52 View Post
ScanGauge ? Where does it mount and what all is involved in installation?

Damian Neeld
2018 Seneca HJ
I started with the Scangauge but have now moved to the Bluefire for Motorhomes and it is a much better system IMO. You just plug the module into the diagnostics port and download an app and you can build your own dash layout or import a shared dash. I mounted mine in the cubby above the drivers seat. Yiu can also read and clear codes. Here is my latest dash layout.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...eca-75955.html
Attached Thumbnails
9D7F1385-7FC0-4A8C-AE9F-25DAE37285B4.jpg  

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 03:38 PM   #37

New owner

Sorry, but I have to add my 2 cents on the Seneca in general. I still enjoy the driving, utility of a truck-based RV, and love our bunkhouse layout. The one thing that gets me is the cabinetry frames are vinyl-covered particle board and swell and look like crap when they get wet. Washing service sprays through the refrigerator door? Swollen cabinet base. Drop an ice cube near the base? Swelling. Kids wet getting out of the shower? Swollen bath cabinet. A puddle at the washer from too much detergent? Yep.
You focus on the solid doors and are deceived by the compressed saw dust frames....
2014 Seneca 37FS
2015 Wrangler Sport toad
red-headed wife
RoWest is online now   Reply With Quote