Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-18-2022, 02:40 PM   #1

2018 Seneca No Hot Water

Our Hot water on demand not working. Was fine when we put our unit away for winter but no it will not fire any ideas before I travel 5 hours to a dealer
Basil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 03:56 PM   #2

2018 with a truma unit? Standard basic or modified Comfort model?

There are two power sources on the basic model, the button on the control panel in the rv and the toggle switch on the truma itself. The comfort model also has the rotary selector switch that must light up for the unit to work.

Is the led lit on the control board on the unit? The toggle switch can be up or down but not in the middle position. Do you have any error codes flashing on the control board near the switch? if so they can tell you what error is occurring. Truma has list on their web site explaining the various errors.

I am not sure how long the basic model will go before it needs to be descaled but it is possible that that can prevent proper operation of the unit.

Be sure your water control valves are in the correct setting, if incorrect you can get water to the hot faucets but the water is not going through the heater. next open all your hot water faucets, some times the units need a lot of flow to get them going. The truma uses a flow meter and it can jam up if there is sediment in the line or if the unit needs to be descaled.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 05:20 PM   #3

It is just the plain model I think. It has an on off switch with two on potions and the off in the middle. I don't know of any controls inside the motorhome. It has never been de-scaled and I have no idea how to. I have opened all the hot water taps to get maxim flow but no success.
Old 06-18-2022, 09:13 PM   #4

You should you or have a power switch on the main control
Board for the rv. Near the water pump and tank level sensors that must be on. Is the led lit in the truma control panel behind the body panel near the toggle switch? You have to determine if the unit has power first. If there is power and all the water faucets are on then it might be the flow meter is jammed up.

Unfortunately to descale the basic unit you have to hve special equipment. Call your service cetnter to be sure they have the equipment needed before you bring it it. I have upgraded to the comfort module and descale yearly. If I had to guess and assuming you have power and gas I would think the unit is scaled up and the flow meter is not turning. If you are willing to pull the unit out it is fairly easy to pull the flow meter and see if it will spin. I did this a few years and blew into and the unit fired upped Not really complicated but since they donít want to give you the information needed it can be difficult to mive forward.
Old 06-18-2022, 10:37 PM   #5

There is no power switch on the RV control board and I have never noticed a light on the unit it self. The fuse is good but still nothing . I just don't want to travel 5 or 6 hours one way to have it be something stupid.
Old 06-19-2022, 05:50 AM   #6

This is my m2 18ts control panel. The water heater switch is to the lower left position. Not sure why you would not have that switch but if you have a s2 chassis maybe they removed it. The next is the truma panel. The led above the switch is the power the one below is the error code. Is your top led on?
Attached Thumbnails
74A8F741-8DEC-4EC3-92F6-C33535B00C51.jpeg   1A0E2A07-3283-405D-9FD4-0AD5E76EB0AE.jpeg  
Old 06-19-2022, 06:48 PM   #7

All good now

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVermont View Post
This is my m2 18ts control panel. The water heater switch is to the lower left position. Not sure why you would not have that switch but if you have a s2 chassis maybe they removed it. The next is the truma panel. The led above the switch is the power the one below is the error code. Is your top led on?
Ours has no lights whatís so ever. We did find a dislodged wire and I will have the lights checked out the next time it lbs in for service at the dealer. Thank you for your assistance.

Tags
on demand hot water