Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-02-2018, 08:24 PM   #1

2018 Seneca rear thermostat

Hi all,

We have a 2018.5 Seneca FS. We had to use the rear AC for the first on the last trip. That worked fine, but at one point the wife asked if we could turn off the air but just leave the fan on. I switched the thermostat to both "Fan Lo" and Fan High" but got nothing. AC works an electric Heat works on the rear unit, but not Fan. Is that normal? Fan Lo and High both work fine on the front unit.

Has anyone else had this issue?

I also noticed that the rear thermostat will not control the LP heat, only the front thermostat will turn on the LP heat. Dealer told me is is my design but I have not checked with the factory.
ralett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 08:28 PM   #2

You should also have a fan "on/auto" setting it needs to be on. The heat on the rear thermostat will only run the heat-pump not the furnace.
Old 06-03-2018, 11:08 AM   #3

On my 2014 Seneca both the main and bedroom thermostats have a "Fan On/Auto" switch like Grumpy mentioned and both work correctly for me. I can just circulate air with the AC fan provided it is on the Cool or Electric Heat positions on the mode selector switch. The AC fan is disabled when the LP furnace is selected.

Regarding the LP furnace, all the Freightliner Seneca years I have seen will only work when triggered by the main (front) thermostat. On my bedroom thermostat the LP selection on the switch is blacked out and if you stop there nothing happens. One more notch to the right and it is at the electric heat setting using the air conditioner's heat pump functionality.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 02:43 PM   #4

You guys are lucky my rear air fan works but no heat or cooling.Been that way since I bought it. Jayco knows about it but nobody wants to work on it. Same thing every time, did you buy it here.
whporwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 03:07 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by whporwil View Post
You guys are lucky my rear air fan works but no heat or cooling.Been that way since I bought it. Jayco knows about it but nobody wants to work on it. Same thing every time, did you buy it here.
Probably a MACH 8 heat-pump unit that Coleman had some issues with. Had that on our PINNACLE and Coleman actually replaced 2 of them. See if there is a mobile tech in your area that JAYCO will work with to replace it
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 08:44 AM   #6

Ralett - Not sure if this helps but you have 4 settings for cooling on the thermostat. Lo cooling, high cooling, low cooling auto, and high cooling auto. When in Auto mode, the whole unit shuts off when the temperature is satisfied. In just lo or high cooling, the fan runs all the time and the compressor kicks in and out according to the temp. So I guess you could set the thermostat to high cooling and adjust the temp setting up and then just the fan would run. Hope I am telling you correctly.
chfraser01 is offline   Reply With Quote