Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-05-2017, 08:15 PM   #41

The photos are great, just as in sausage making it aint pretty but the end product is pretty nice. From a structural stand point seeing the openings in the side walls I am reminded why I like the steel structure of a front cab in a class c over the class a. As evidenced by the side roll over in "Christmas crash" by Colombo, the cab provides a significant base to attach the box to. Seeing the photos allows me to understand how things are run in the unit, i.e. i can see the routing of the heating system and the plumbing from the rear washer /dryer unit etc. I would like to see many more of these so in the future if I have to trouble shoot an item i could know where to start to look. A trip to the assembly plant might be in my near future.

Thanks again for sharing these. Two more months of waiting till i see the end product.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 01:18 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by steverkemp View Post
Any rumors on changes coming on the 18 Senecas?

Beyond the normal color scheme changes I'm not aware of anything yet.

What have you heard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I was told that in September they are going to a M2 Plus cab with a bigger 360 engine and 3000 transmission and a 100 gallon fuel tank . Also it will be pre wired for solar.
Just wish the would add a house refer and electric stove top option.
Enjoying Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 02:06 PM   #43

Wow! Those changes sound great. Sadly though Jayco told me the only changes on my 18 will be Truma tankless water heater to replace the Girard, prewired for solar and a Garman GPs/ radio. No changes to the truck

Mark
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 04:30 PM   #44

2018 Seneca Rumor Mill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoying Life View Post
I was told that in September they are going to a M2 Plus cab with a bigger 360 engine and 3000 transmission and a 100 gallon fuel tank . Also it will be pre wired for solar.

Just wish the would add a house refer and electric stove top option.

The new chassis is called an S2RV, not an M2. Renegade is building their Valencia coach on this new platform. It is built by the custom division of freightliner and is highly adaptable to the RV manufacturers needs. The M2 was a challenge and costly to modify for Jayco according to my source.

The fuel tank on the Valencia is located in the rear and single fill. It also has the 360hp motor. 12K towing. Suspension is also better according to sport truck RV sales in Arizona. We'll see what jayco ends up doing.

There will likely be some downsides to the change (like a price increase perhaps) so I don't think you can go wrong with an M2. Plus, futures are always uncertain so who really knows what will happen.

steverkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 08:44 PM   #45

Well now my interest is piqued! Went to the Freightliner website to learn more, depending on how Jayco might specify the chassis it could have air disc brakes, rear airliner suspension (like the current Senecas), and the single rear-mounted fuel tank as previously mentioned. I did notice 6.7 ISB is still the offered engine, rated up to 360 HP and 800 pd/ft torque with the 3000 Allison. 20 hp and 100 pd/ft more than my ISB. That is wound pretty tight in my opinion. I wonder if there is any chance they might upgrade it to the 8.9 ISL, 350 HP and 1,000 pd/ft?

8.9 ISL, 3000 Allison, air disc brakes, Airliner rear suspension, 100-gallon single fill fuel tank - now that would be a killer chassis package! A man can dream can't he?
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:15 PM   #46

A link to the Freightliner S2RV specifications for those who might be interested:
https://www.fcccrv.com/wp-content/up...CCC%20S2RV.pdf
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 09:28 PM   #47

Gas tank with single fill from the rear? If it's located behind a flip down license plate I will think I'm back in high school filling up my 1975 Monte Carlo. ��. I'm old school and like to pretend I'm a truck driver with gas tanks as they are.
Colombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 05:47 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colombo View Post
I'm old school and like to pretend I'm a truck driver with gas tanks as they are.
And that right there is the best explanation I've heard for the duel fill tanks
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 10:01 AM   #49

M2plus

I love the idea of 100 gallons of fuel & single fill would be great but on the Renegade the DEF & fuel fill are 25ish feet apart & I don't think you can purchase DEF first & diesel second without a second transaction after pulling forward

Les & Sandy
2016 Seneca HJ - Scangauge D - Truma Comfort
560 watts solar - Blue Sky 3024iL -IPN ProRemote - Trojan T-105RE
Good Sam Life Member - FMCA Member - Passport America
Les7h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 08:17 PM   #50

First post here. We're supposed to be getting our 18 37fs soon after May 11. My only fear with the unit is enough power to handle the mountains with a toad. Hearing about more hp later this year has me interested and disappointed, but I already passed on the dynamax because it wasn't worth the extra many grand to me. So here's my thought. Should I be severely disappointed, after warranty is up, I can upgrade the trans and then tune for more power. I've had two ram trucks with the same engine putting out way more horsepower and torque than this is dialed in for with no issues over a combined 300k miles pulling quite a bit. So here's to hoping for a good experience.
AGGIE00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 08:30 PM   #51

Don't worry about the power of the Seneca. I just returned to Minnesota after a trip to San Diego CA. Climbed steep mountain roads to over 8000 feet, the Seneca did well. Sure, sometimes I was in the right truck lane following the big rigs, but it did well. The gearing on the transmission and rear end are well designed, it did fine. What was impressive was how well it held the speed down on the down hill runs which is where it would really be scary if the jake brake did not help you hold the speed back. I was fully loaded and towing a Jeep, the Seneca did well. You will love it, takes some getting used to but you will adjust to it and trust it.
Previous RVs: 3 truck campers and 2 fifth wheels
Love the Seneca. Toad 2018 Ford F-150
Mnwelsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 08:36 PM   #52

Good to know. I had a class A years ago and drove the big ones. The bigger the engine the more comfortable and safer I felt. Your rig is exactly what we'll have so I trust you. What speed do you comfortably hold down the interstate?
Old 04-24-2017, 08:38 PM   #53

It's the same engine in both chassis just tuned differently and geared as such. I asked the renegade dealer about it and they said they didn't notice a difference in power between the m2 and the s2rv.

Old 04-25-2017, 05:22 AM   #54

I usually drive at 65 mph, I installed a San D gage which tells me how much fuel I have used. Would not be without that as the fuel gage in the Seneca is not very accurate. I refuel every 400 miles or so.
Previous RVs: 3 truck campers and 2 fifth wheels
Love the Seneca. Toad 2018 Ford F-150
Mnwelsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 06:43 AM   #55

Your Seneca will do fine. Congrats on your purchase. You will need to learn how to drive it. Learn to use the overdrive. Learn when to shut off the overdrive. We leave ours on most of the time and turn it off when driving up a long grade. 2 years from now, you will be a better driver than you are today. Just got back from a back road trip in Tennessee. Some pretty long 8% grades. Fully loaded, with Traverse in tow, we go slow with flashers on. Logging and dump trucks doing the same. Very confident in our 2016 Seneca 37 FS.
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 07:49 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgolding View Post
Your Seneca will do fine. Congrats on your purchase. You will need to learn how to drive it. Learn to use the overdrive. Learn when to shut off the overdrive. We leave ours on most of the time and turn it off when driving up a long grade. 2 years from now, you will be a better driver than you are today. Just got back from a back road trip in Tennessee. Some pretty long 8% grades. Fully loaded, with Traverse in tow, we go slow with flashers on. Logging and dump trucks doing the same. Very confident in our 2016 Seneca 37 FS.
I doubt his will have the overdrive switch...they removed that switch on the 17's forward. It might be something that could be put back in for sure. I use the crap out of mine on the large hills, so I dont know why they got rid of them.
Old 05-14-2017, 07:39 PM   #57

I put my order in. Should be here in October. I can't wait!!

Old 05-14-2017, 07:41 PM   #58

We get ours next week. 2018 37FS. Supposed to be on it's way now.
Old 05-14-2017, 07:42 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGGIE00 View Post
We get ours next week. 2018 37FS. Supposed to be on it's way now.

Congrats!!!

Old 05-15-2017, 05:21 PM   #60

It's here!!! Hope this pic attaches
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1434.jpg