Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-13-2023, 05:19 PM   #21

SloPoke, are those tank extenders still available?
Extendaflow or Extendafill?
Wireless Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 05:36 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wireless Mike View Post
SloPoke, are those tank extenders still available?
Extendaflow or Extendafill?
Not SloPoke but there is a friend that very recently had a machine shop manufacture another batch. If you are on Facebook (Seneca/Entegra Owner's Group) you could contact him and see if he has any available or if he has enough orders to do a second batch.

He and I are both part of the Planning Committee for the first (and hopefully annual) Seneca rally in Shipshewana, IN in August. I believe he hopes to bring some extensions there.

Facebook link: https://m.facebook.com/groups/126622...ibextid=Nif5oz
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 09:22 PM   #23

Thank you RobbbyR, I'd love to get a set.
I delayed too long 2 yrs ago. I finally went on line to get some from the website & saw the notice that there was only 1 set left but was too late to get them.
Wireless Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 10:32 PM   #24

As Robbbbbby has posted, there is another Seneca owner that has started building the tank extenders again. I don't have any first hand information on the new ones being made, but the ones made by Gordon were first class. I assume that the new ones will be as beneficial as the originals!!!

In our case, while travelling and fueling while we travel, we want to be able to make the most of each stop we make. Many of those stops are at a commercial travel center that has high-flow pumps with the satellite pump on the passenger side to fill the tanks on that side.... The extendaflow extensions help to get more fuel on-board to get us down the highway to our destination. You need to take temperature into consideration as our tanks require an amount of space for expansion if you are fueling and stopping a few miles down the road.

BUT, Some of those stops for fuel might be in the only place that has diesel in 200 miles. They don't have truck pumps, they sometimes don't have any way to pay at the pump and are 20+ years old. Hopefully they don't have the low-clearance canopies over the pumps any longer either...

So we pull in and nuzzle our passenger side tank up to the closest pump that has a diesel hose while watching the overhead clearance. Some of these places will put an extra long hose on the pump when they have low canopies, others just stay with the basics - and we start to fuel.

Since the passenger side is 40-gallons... and the drivers is 34... we have the odds of getting a little more fuel on board with the bigger tank... If the pavement is sloped away from the pumps, we get a bonus as the passenger tank will be a little higher than the drivers tank, and gravity will be our friend - if not, we know diesel does not flow uphill - ever. We leave the engine running so it can draw fuel from the equiflow ports and and the return will favor the lower side and help to balance the tanks out.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 10:44 PM   #25

SloPoke - I did private message Wireless Mike with my friend's email so he can find out directly if any are currently available, or if a second "run" of the new ones is coming soon.

And while I have not seen the new ones in person, another Seneca owner posted a picture of his recent delivery and I have to say they look very nice!
Attached Thumbnails
335933305_1415427605870410_3075380848306406306_n.jpg  
Old 03-13-2023, 11:09 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
SloPoke - I did private message Wireless Mike with my friend's email so he can find out directly if any are currently available, or if a second "run" of the new ones is coming soon.

And while I have not seen the new ones in person, another Seneca owner posted a picture of his recent delivery and I have to say they look very nice!
I approved Wireless Mike and also tagged him on Bruceís post on the extensions.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 03:05 PM   #27

Nice to see

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post

I’m glad someone was able to duplicate them , I think they make refilling our units so much easier . Unfortunately due the politics of the past few years with metal tariffs to import the raw aluminum and labour costs up here they were at a price point that made them too costly, whomever is fabricating them now, know that this product is greatly appreciated by those that require them, I wish you much success in your venture. Once again to all those that bought them thank you .
ready2retire&drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 03:23 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2retire&drive View Post
Iím glad someone was able to duplicate them , I think they make refilling our units so much easier . Unfortunately due the politics of the past few years with metal tariffs to import the raw aluminum and labour costs up here they were at a price point that made them too costly, whomever is fabricating them now, know that this product is greatly appreciated by those that require them, I wish you much success in your venture. Once again to all those that bought them thank you .
You were the pioneer Gord, thank you for providing the initial units. Mine are still serving well!

Tags
dual fuel tanks, fuel gauge, two fuel tanks