Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-15-2020, 08:45 PM   #1

2020 Seneca 37k Slide out??

What is the normal gap between the slide out and body when the slide out is in? Looks to me that the seal is compressed, just wondering what is normal.
SKWMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 12:51 PM   #2

I am careful to make sure all seals look compressed against sidewall before any trip. If it’s Schwinteck then they can become unsynchronized and leave a gap.
Old 07-16-2020, 01:45 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGintys924 View Post
I am careful to make sure all seals look compressed against sidewall before any trip. If it’s Schwinteck then they can become unsynchronized and leave a gap.

Seals on both sides seam to be compressed and gaps are consistent. Gaps just seam to be a little large compared to the smaller slide out which has a different seal. I marked the rails with the slide out extended and they are stopping at the inner jamb which tells me it’s all the way in. Will post pics tonight.
Old 07-16-2020, 06:15 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKWMotorsports View Post
Seals on both sides seam to be compressed and gaps are consistent. Gaps just seam to be a little large compared to the smaller slide out which has a different seal. I marked the rails with the slide out extended and they are stopping at the inner jamb which tells me it’s all the way in. Will post pics tonight.
Looks like about a 1/2 between the slide and the coach body when closed.. See pic below.

I did slide a .015 piece of plastic between the slide and the seal and it’s pretty tight to pull out when closed, so I am assuming it’s ok..
Attached Thumbnails
5D91E851-ED77-4172-9E70-9E8A0B1E3256.jpg  
Old 07-16-2020, 06:23 PM   #5

Here are pictures of my 2020 Seneca 37k large slide. The large slide has mechanical stops on the extended position and none on the retracted position.
Attached Thumbnails
009.jpg   010.jpg  
75462 is offline   Reply With Quote