Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-19-2020, 01:20 PM   #1

Smile 2020 Seneca Floorpan Thoughts?

Hello and new here! We're preparing to sell our fifth wheel and buy a Seneca. It's just the hubby, me, and our golden retriever.

We're struggling with which floorplan to choose. I like the idea of a bath and half so that leaves the 37K and the 37RB. But our hearts aren't set on the half bath. The 37TS looks more spacious and perhaps more counter space? We don't need bunk beds. Any thoughts on what floorpan you have, why you chose it and what you like and don't like? Any insight is greatly appreciated! We can't wait to get our Seneca
LauraO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 02:27 PM   #2

We love the TS floor plan since it is very similiar to what we had in the 08 35GS. If we went back to one that would be it. Only down side that we see is the combo washer/dryer vs the stackable.
Old 04-19-2020, 03:51 PM   #3

We bought a 2020 Accolade 37TS. We looked at others but decided against them. We did not need a bunk house and with only 2 of us we don't need a 1 1/2 bath unit. The triple slides result in a lot of living space that was compatible with our class a which was a Thor Challenger 37ND.

So far we are very happy with the coach and the floorpan we went with.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 07:21 PM   #4

We went round and round between the RB, HJ and K floor plans over the years we were looking. It is just the wife and I and a Mini Aussie so while the TS is nice with the opposing slides, we really didint need that much space. We like the angled TV up front that the HJ had but liked didnt like the rest of the layout. There were some changes when they went to the S2RV chassis and one big one on the RB was the TV/Fireplace up front, that the the prior years had. Then it was down to the RB and K...on the K the DW didnt like the way it was closed off when the couch was pulled out and then we looked at a K with the slides in and did not like the bad access to the bathroom when the slide was closed or the access to the bathroom with the couch bed folded out. We finally settled on the 2018.5 RB and after having a 1 1/2 bath we will NEVER have a motorhome without one, at first I thought is was silly but love having it. Something that you should know on the RB and K models is they have 2 black and 2 gray tanks so you have more capacity which was important to us as we boondock a lot.

What ever you do, make sure you look at the floorplans you are interested in with the slides IN and OUT because that can be an eye opener.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 07:30 PM   #5

If Jayco went back and offered the FK model on the SRV2 chassis, that would entice us!

The floorplan is the most important feature of our rig. Middle entry door, One full bathroom and the ease of moving around with the slides in. We wished they did not Discontinue the FK.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 07:53 PM   #6

I agree with the importance of looking at the unit with the slides in. If you are not comfortable and can not access what you need during travel then you might as well buy a trailer. We have spent many hours and nights in our unit in travel mode. It is a little tight but fully functional.

We have the ts with the entertainment center which we like. Unfortunately this is no longer an option. Have not really looked at other models.

Good luck on your search.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 08:19 AM   #7
MD3

RB was our choice
+ bath and a half
+ added tank capacity for dry camping.

_
2005 LJ Rubicon - Sahara #90
2019 Can Am X3 XRS Max
2009 ATC enclosed trailer
MD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 09:58 AM   #8

We always thought the bath and a half was a waste of space, until we bought one. We have a 2017 37rb. Were full timmers sort of. We live in a park model during the winter and we both miss the second bathroom. My question is are you looking for new or used? I say this because some older models offer better floor plans. For instance our rb has a third chair where the tv and fireplace is on the new ones, we also have a deluxe entertainment center in the space where the over head bunk is, more storage and a bigger tv. On the 2020's some have a window in the bedroom on the wall with your cabinets, you loose storage. The 2019 do not have this or more storage. And on the older units you have a larger ac unit in the bedroom with heat. We also love our on demand water heater. I've added a fireplace to ours and the free standing table and chairs and residential fridge so we have all the latest and greatest, almost. I would like to have the larger fuel tank in the new units.
whporwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 07:29 PM   #9

Thanks all! Should we act now at these low prices?

Thank you all for your insight! We're still struggling with the floorpan. But I'm feeling a little pressured as the prices have dropped on these units again yesterday to the low $170's. Thats almost $15K below the MAD or whatever they call what the manufacturer will allow them to advertise as the lowest price.

We've been looking for a while and have positioned ourselves to purchase the unit. What are your thoughts on the price? Is it a deal good enough to go ahead and move on? I'm afraid when the economy opens back up the prices will go up again.
Old 04-22-2020, 08:00 PM   #10

I agree with you it's a good time to buy. suggest you google new senecas for sale you should get just about every one in the US. Don't forget about the Accolade which is the same thing. I know of a new TS at Hill Top trailer sales in MN for 165, that's a 2018 and World Wide in Mesa AZ has a 2019 K for 159,995 also new. Let me know if I can be more help. AL
whporwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 08:10 PM   #11

Thanks again!

We found a 2020 Seneca in AZ for $168K. We're in TN. We have a Seneca TS just 10 miles from our home at $172K. Looked at it a few weeks ago when it was in the high 180's. They have an RB also, but it says "Sale Pending". Really want the RB, but for the price, they're all nice, really. Thanks for your insight!
Old 04-22-2020, 09:08 PM   #12
Drv

If your looking for very strong pricing and multiple units to choose from closer to you(state wise), you may want to look at rvdirect....which is the national sales portion of RV One. The national sales people will usually give you better pricing then the actual locations if you called the dealers directly. Call or email national sales team. RV One service can be questionable at times but price wise they usually wont lose a sale on that. Make sure you receive out the door including any fees so you can compare apples to apples. They had several Senecas and Accolades with some RB's and some K's listed last I saw today.

In regards to prices rising obviously nothing is set in stone but, the industry was slowing slightly before everything went "south". With the change in our world, prices on 2020 and older new units will not increase. My speculation is the Manufacturers have given the go ahead to list units below MAP in order to help facilitate sales. They may even be throwing some form of money at dealers to help move some units. The dealers and manufacturers do not want to be stuck like they all were in 2008ish.
Keep in mind 2021 units have had MSRP increase by $3-5k from what I have seen, so if you can snag a 2020 you will be ahead a little. Interest rates for RVs are falling finally, this is another spot to save money and push your dealer on a competitive rate. Really its just up to you to find a Deal and a Dealer your happy with and make sure to do a complete PDI with items in writing you want fixed.
Good Luck!
Drv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 06:11 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraO View Post
We found a 2020 Seneca in AZ for $168K. We're in TN. We have a Seneca TS just 10 miles from our home at $172K. Looked at it a few weeks ago when it was in the high 180's. They have an RB also, but it says "Sale Pending". Really want the RB, but for the price, they're all nice, really. Thanks for your insight!
Keep in mind a local dealer that did not sell you the unit does not have to repair it under warranty or if they do may put you on a list b behind their purchasing customers. This can result in hassles and delays in obtaining the assistance from Jayco in locating a shop that will repair the unit.

IMHO, 4K could possibly be negotiated down and if not, if the dealer's service department is reputable I would stay local. On the other hand if it is Camping World I would run as fast as I could.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 06:28 PM   #14

Quote:
Hello and new here! We're preparing to sell our fifth wheel and buy a Seneca. It's just the hubby, me, and our golden retriever.

We're struggling with which floorplan to choose. I like the idea of a bath and half so that leaves the 37K and the 37RB. But our hearts aren't set on the half bath. The 37TS looks more spacious and perhaps more counter space? We don't need bunk beds. Any thoughts on what floorpan you have, why you chose it and what you like and don't like? Any insight is greatly appreciated! We can't wait to get our Seneca
We had a 2006 Seneca GS35 (triple slides) for 10 years. Due to the triple slides we said our new one would have to have three slides. (Two up front.) Until we walked into a 37HJ. Didn’t notice any difference in space with only one slide up front and enjoy the 2 slides in the bedroom & king bed.
Martigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 02:51 PM   #15

We have 37K. Love the bath and a half!
In comparing the the RB also bath and a half. A couple things I did not note before buying the 37K. The lving area up front RB does give you view and breeze thru the screen door. There are more drawers in the RB kitchen.

Why I chose 37K huge pantry. 28x26. no size restriction of what you may want to put in there. Love the cozy feel of the L shape sofa and it is private with door open you are not on display while lounging indoors. Table near the door makes for easy in/out when cooking outdoors can immediately put stuff on table. Fireplace heater is enough to heat the whole rig in the center. Not sure about the RB. Prefer the size and arrangement of half bath in the 37K

Bedroom and rear bath are the same in both RB and K. I absolutely love having both baths. Pull off anywhere and we can both use a bath same time. With slides in, when sleeping neither one of us has to climb over the other to get to the bathroom.
RTVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 05:42 PM   #16

I went with the 37K on our 2020 Entegra Accolade.

I really do appreciate the bath and 1/2 but you will loose kitchen counter space.

I like the 37k because I dry camp a lot and I like the fact that I don't have a living slide on the passenger side of the RV. I also ordered an RV fridge, the Traveler HD dish, and the reclining sofa. Really happy with all those choices.

Barry Friedman
2020 Entegra Accolade 37K
barryfriedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 12:31 PM   #17

Quote:

We purchased a 37TS for one of the same situations you stated, we have a dog. We don't always take our dog, but she is a 140 pound Great Pyr and we like the additional room the opposing slides give us with the TS model. On a recent Jeep trip, the weather turned bad and we were able to have 10 people sit comfortably for dinner because of this floor plan. We also have the dual recliners vs. the sofa.

Just my two cents worth...
2018 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited Toad
kickingaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 01:32 PM   #18

Seneca Floor Plan

We chose the 37K, 2018.5 vintage for the layout since it's just my wife and I and one dog. It's simple, two slide to only worry about and plenty of room for guests if they drop in. The TV layout is great and the L Shaped sofa is very comfy for both of us and the dog!. Bath and a half is also great as she takes one and I take the other. We get ready faster to go exploring or visit the area. Best of luck with your decision.
adonofrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 01:56 PM   #19

Quote:

We just bought a 2019 Seneca 37K and love it, looked at the 37TS but DO NOT LIKE the kitchen slide, do not want my kitchen plumbing and electrical moving back and forth. We are a 74 year old couple with a Yorkie and love the bath and 1/2.
Dave Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 02:55 PM   #20

37rb

We love our 37 RB,the bath and a half is great plenty of room with the slides in or out ! We got the theater seat also. Very comfortable and great for watching tv straight on ! Ours is a 2020.
Loghome711 is offline   Reply With Quote