Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-03-2022, 08:09 PM   #1

2021 37k has crappy entry door

Top right latch side of the door pulls out by around an 1 1/2 inch when traveling on a windy day when the wind hits driver side hard. It must create a negative air pressure on entry door side causing this. I think the window is too big causing a weak point in the middle of the door just above the latch. I like to strengthen the door from top to bottom. Anybody have this issue and/or solved it?
Timdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 08:17 PM   #2

A couple folks I know with 2021 units, a Seneca and an Accolade have both had their doors replaced under warranty. The doors were warped.
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 09:53 AM   #3

Our door was loose at the top, made noise when driving. I had wife hold a hunk of wood in the latch area while I pushed in the top & bottom.
Easy fix. Fits fine now.
Firewrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 04:28 PM   #4

Yeah mine was loose also. Worked on screen door and main door for quite a while today. Tightened everything up and adjusted. Did a little board trick also. Maybe better now. Door still seems weak
Old 02-09-2022, 08:54 PM   #5

Add our '22 37M to the list. Going down the freeway at 65 with some wind, you can visibly see the door flapping in the right hand corner (latch side) even though it's fully latched and locked. Awesome!

I'm torn between trying to gently bend it into shape as described above or throwing the keys at the dealer.
22Seneca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 09:38 PM   #6

Mine does this as well and I am told that they have ordered a new one. Said the door was warped.
Shodan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 09:44 PM   #7

2021 37k has crappy entry door

If you haven’t, you should also check to make sure your door is latching properly (two clicks), just like a car does. Our one week old ‘22 Accolade 37K was only clicking once, regardless of how hard you pushed or slammed. I loosened the pin up a bit, moved it outwards, centered it in the slot and made sure the washer was pushed towards the inside and tightened it back down. Now with a firm push or pull, it’ll click twice with no obvious rattles or gaps.

Our old SOB Class-A gasser had the exact same problem, with what I think is the exact same door and only cosmetically different latch assembly.
Old 02-10-2022, 09:22 AM   #8

I bent mine in on top carefully and seemed to help but then I pushed outward on the door from the inside and It opens very easily. I think the door is bad/week. I wonder what a new one costs?
Old 02-10-2022, 12:52 PM   #9

More of a concern would be how does the paint look after it is replaced? My 2022 is doing the same thing.
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L
Jeepin Jason is offline   Reply With Quote