Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-13-2021, 06:20 AM   #1

2021 37L: Reason for AC shutting down?

Camping at a county park in 90-95 degree heat all weekend. Both Thursday and Saturday we left the unit for a couple of hours and both times we came back all power was working, including the fans on the AC units but the AC was not. Obviously this led to the cabin being 99+ degrees both times.

I am connected via shore power to Southwire Portable Surge Guard with Diagnostics, 50-Amp and that is plugged into 50-Amp pedestal. I run both AC units with low fan to 75 degrees.

Both times I was immediately able to get AC to run again, by unplugging from the pedestal, shutting off cabin power and then plugging in again to 50A pedestal. The first day simply resetting breaker on each AC unit did not work.

Is this a campground power cause? Something in my setup? Anyone else have this issue and have a reliable solution?

Thanks!
jeffgladd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 03:22 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffgladd View Post
Camping at a county park in 90-95 degree heat all weekend. Both Thursday and Saturday we left the unit for a couple of hours and both times we came back all power was working, including the fans on the AC units but the AC was not. Obviously this led to the cabin being 99+ degrees both times.

I am connected via shore power to Southwire Portable Surge Guard with Diagnostics, 50-Amp and that is plugged into 50-Amp pedestal. I run both AC units with low fan to 75 degrees.

Both times I was immediately able to get AC to run again, by unplugging from the pedestal, shutting off cabin power and then plugging in again to 50A pedestal. The first day simply resetting breaker on each AC unit did not work.

Is this a campground power cause? Something in my setup? Anyone else have this issue and have a reliable solution?

Thanks!

I dont have the touch screen controls in our 2018.5 but I have seen several reports by people that have them, that their AC units were doing this. Each time it came down to the main module under the bed needing to be reset/rebooted. Each time they said that this could be done by hitting the main battery switch by the entry door. Tap the switch to disconnect the batteries wait a bit and then try connecting again. Remember when using the main disconnect switch, it a quick press of the switch, dont hold it at all.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 09:45 PM   #3

Thank goodness there weren't any pets inside!

Every day I'm more thankful my 2014 is "old school" with throwback real switches to control my systems and lights. I've seen many people with late model units (like Senecas and big 5th wheels) have issues with their automation. And not just Jaycos, I follow some other sites and the problems are there too.

I'm fine getting up to turn on lights and adjust the thermostat. When I'm not, I probably won't be camping anyway!
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 09:53 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post

Every day I'm more thankful my 2014 is "old school" with throwback real switches to control my systems and lights. I've seen many people with late model units (like Senecas and big 5th wheels) have issues with their automation. And not just Jaycos, I follow some other sites and the problems are there too.

I'm fine getting up to turn on lights and adjust the thermostat. When I'm not, I probably won't be camping anyway!
I totally agree, I love tech but am glad I don’t have this system.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 10:53 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
I totally agree, I love tech but am glad I don’t have this system.
And still our old school (2015 model)still has electronics that seem to go and fail on us too... We just took 400miles over Sat/Sun and our Dash head unit took another direction than we did... Arizona to Salt lake City...

We were towing our usual stuff... and this ENTIRE trip we did without the rear camera. Normally I don't look, except to see if the trailer / FJ is doing well... Stacy uses it a lot... not this trip.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote