Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-25-2022, 03:41 PM   #1

2021 37TS Dinette Slide

I know I have seen others talking about this slide and adjustment of this slide, but I am having difficulty with my dealer and Jayco agreeing there is a problem, so I would like to see if other owners are having similar issues with the slide.

The big (dinette) slide is marking the floor. As in, leaving a big black indention in the floor in several locations. I am attaching photos of it, although the photo only shows one indention there are three others as you move aft. These are the rollers under the slide. They are most severe at the front and progressively get less noticeable moving aft.

You an also see under the carpet that the metal trim is being damaged as well as the floor and the slide itself.

I am curious if anyone else is seeing this in their rig and, if so have you been able to have it repaired?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0403.jpg   IMG_0402.jpg   IMG_0401.jpg  
staineous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 04:49 PM   #2

My slide (2020 Accolade 37TS) has crunched that sheet metal and the slide cannot be extended. Took the rig to the dealer in September and they didn’t order the sheet metal until Dec 19. It took Jayco a month to ship the part and I have an appointment for next week to get the slide repaired. Jayco has set a must repair by date of Feb 19 because the warranty expired on Oct 3.

Jayco Factory Service in Middlebury looked at my slide, which I believe is low, and said nothing was wrong and refused to do anything about it. This was in Aug 2020.
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 10:13 AM   #3

My 2021 37K is doing the same thing. I bought slide glides but the slide is too high and doesn’t even ride on them. So i’m not sure what’s causing it. Some people speak of roller, but i don’t see any rollers. Was thinking it may be the bottom of carriage bolt heads rubbing but still trying to learn the root cause.
lawingnutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 01:29 PM   #4

I noticed from pictures of newer slide issues that they have changed the design of the large slide. Many issues I have seen pictures of have been from screws backing out on the bottom of the slide. With the slide out, check the screws on the outside bottom of the slide.
Attached Thumbnails
CB3EE7D8-818C-482D-8F2C-3B27E6441210.jpeg   CD3ED841-CB03-4053-9D6C-3AA9E362404C.jpeg  

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 03:19 PM   #5

Our 2020 37K slide also had an issue with the metal trim binding up some, was at Jayco HQ and the found a couple screws backed out which was fixed, but we get the same black 3 marks when slide is in and have to rub out with some cleaner, but still comes back after every drive. Brian Miller is right also with the screws backing out on bottom of slide...I did find some there myself and fixed.

2020 37K Seneca
2016 31FS Greyhawk (sold)
Retired USAF
Eric&DianeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 07:03 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by staineous View Post
I know I have seen others talking about this slide and adjustment of this slide, but I am having difficulty with my dealer and Jayco agreeing there is a problem, so I would like to see if other owners are having similar issues with the slide.

The big (dinette) slide is marking the floor. As in, leaving a big black indention in the floor in several locations. I am attaching photos of it, although the photo only shows one indention there are three others as you move aft. These are the rollers under the slide. They are most severe at the front and progressively get less noticeable moving aft.

You an also see under the carpet that the metal trim is being damaged as well as the floor and the slide itself.

I am curious if anyone else is seeing this in their rig and, if so have you been able to have it repaired?
There is something very wrong with your slide. All of the scratches on the side for example, I have never seen that much on any slide…
Attached Thumbnails
18393103-4617-4748-8297-6FEE5758936B.jpeg  
From 2001 Daemon Escaper
From 1998 Daemon Intruder
From 1993 Daemon Hornet
From Tent (BEST RV EVER!)
Jmorenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 07:41 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmorenz View Post
There is something very wrong with your slide. All of the scratches on the side for example, I have never seen that much on any slide…

Ours did this at first but those marks just rubbed off. They were being left by the rubber slide seals, lubricate them regularly with something like 3in1 slide seal conditioner and the slide will operate smoother, quieter and leave less marks.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 08:02 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
Ours did this at first but those marks just rubbed off. They were being left by the rubber slide seals, lubricate them regularly with something like 3in1 slide seal conditioner and the slide will operate smoother, quieter and leave less marks.
Mine does the same. Scuffs from the seals as the slide goes in and out.
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 08:27 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Mine does the same. Scuffs from the seals as the slide goes in and out.
I never seen this on any of my motorhomes. I also never lubricated any of the rubber… Given the other pics, something looks wrong to me…Just sayin. Be interested if those rub off…..

Here is the last PIC of my Dynasty, 12 years old, nothing…..never lubed the slides, never rub off any marks….than again, quality was better…
Attached Thumbnails
2F6ABFE2-BA23-44BC-BFCA-56E651CB213C.jpg  
From 2001 Daemon Escaper
From 1998 Daemon Intruder
From 1993 Daemon Hornet
From Tent (BEST RV EVER!)
Jmorenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 08:51 PM   #10

22 37M and have the same marks and they come off very easily. My marks are from the seal and slide lube as well.
Utrzrdog is offline   Reply With Quote