Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-30-2021, 07:24 PM   #1

2022 Accolade 37K Inverter swap

Greetings,

Base on my research, the Accolade/Jayco 37K comes with a Xantrax Freedom X inverter. Charging is done by the Converter. Has anyone swapped out the freedom X for the Freedom XC inverter/charger?

My understanding is I could get rid of the transfer switch, disconnect the charger from the converter, and get a better transfer time and 3 modes of charging that can be monitored from the Xantrax panel (Also thinking of upgrading to Bluetooth). I have searched for videos in YouTube but none on this topic in particular or found anything in all the forums.

I also understand depending on the converter, it may offer 3 stage charging as well but I don’t know what comes with the unit, or if there is anyway to monitor bulk, float, and absorbtion charging. I found in my previous higher end coaches this has been very useful.

Thanks
From 2001 Daemon Escaper
From 1998 Daemon Intruder
From 1993 Daemon Hornet
From Tent (BEST RV EVER!)
Jmorenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 07:44 PM   #2

The current main panel Converter/Charger already has the Charge Wizard 4 stage charger in it. You would still need the Transfer Switch as it is for switching between Shore Power and Generator Power. If you want to jest be able to monitor your system then I would suggest adding a Victron BMV-712 monitor with Bluetooth or the Victron Smart Shunt, both will give you the ability to monitor everything via the Victron Connect app on your phone.

Here is info on you current converter/Charger.

https://www.progressivedyn.com/rv/charge-wizard/

Victron monitors.

https://www.victronenergy.com/batter.../bmv-712-smart

https://www.victronenergy.com/batter...-battery-shunt

If you were going to go to the trouble to swap out the Inverter then I would suggest the Victron Multiplus II 2x120v 3k inverter. This will give you an inverter/Charger and the whole coach would be on the inverter, not just the 3 circuits from the factory. With the added touch screen and Victron Connect app, you have full control and monitoring over everything. I made the swap and love it. Currently working on building four 280ah batteries that will give me 1120ah of battery capacity.

https://www.victronenergy.com/invert...lus-ii-2x-120v
Attached Thumbnails
55A7B275-5F2B-4883-8BEC-3133AC2FFB31.jpg   A1465EC6-710E-4861-9A12-1BCB0998BE91.jpg  

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 07:50 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
The current main panel Converter/Charger already has the Charge Wizard 4 stage charger in it. You would still need the Transfer Switch as it is for switching between Shore Power and Generator Power. If you want to jest be able to monitor your system then I would suggest adding a Victron BMV-712 monitor with Bluetooth or the Victron Smart Shunt, both will give you the ability to monitor everything via the Victron Connect app on your phone.

Victron monitors.

Thanks Rusty,

I thought it was a Progressive Dynamics, victors seems to be an easier solution.
From 2001 Daemon Escaper
From 1993 Daemon Hornet
Old 12-30-2021, 07:54 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmorenz View Post
Thanks Rusty,

I thought it was a Progressive Dynamics, victors seems to be an easier solution.
You should have the Progressive Dynamics 4590 main panel with converter/charger built into it which is a 4 stage charger.

The Victron Smart Shunt would be the quickest and easiest solution .

Old 12-30-2021, 08:15 PM   #5

Quote:

Victron monitors.

If you were going to go to the trouble to swap out the Inverter then I would suggest the Victron Multiplus II 2x120v 3k inverter. This will give you an inverter/Charger and the whole coach would be on the inverter, not just the 3 circuits from the factory. With the added touch screen and Victron Connect app, you have full control and monitoring over everything. I made the swap and love it. Currently working on building four 280ah batteries that will give me 1120ah of battery capacity.

https://www.victronenergy.com/invert...lus-ii-2x-120v
I seen your setup on the forum, very nice. I may do this in the long term.
From 2001 Daemon Escaper
From 1993 Daemon Hornet
Old 12-31-2021, 03:46 PM   #6

You may have a subpanel right next to your main as I have. My Xantrax only powers five circuits on the subpanel through a 30 amp breaker. I don't feel that yhe Xantrax line is robust enough to run my rig.
I will be replacing Xantrax with the Victron Multiplus II 2x120v 3k inverter* as well as my subpanel so all of my circuits can run off my battery (850 amps).

*with the dongle, a Victron shunt and a Precision Circuits Battery Isolation Manager.
Semix-Hex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 03:55 PM   #7

This is the 30 amp line that runs the five circuits on the subpanel when you're not using the Xantrex. It's hooked up to the ATS which causes more issues when you try to move it.
Oh, your wiring will be a mess, there are a lot of barely connected connections.
Attached Thumbnails
20211106_152046.jpg  
Old 12-31-2021, 04:10 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semix-Hex View Post
You may have a subpanel right next to your main as I have. My Xantrax only powers five circuits on the subpanel through a 30 amp breaker. I don't feel that yhe Xantrax line is robust enough to run my rig.
I will be replacing Xantrax with the Victron Multiplus II 2x120v 3k inverter* as well as my subpanel so all of my circuits can run off my battery (850 amps).

*with the dongle, a Victron shunt and a Precision Circuits Battery Isolation Manager.
When I went to the Multiplus II I just totally abandoned the inverter sub panel and moved those circuits into the main panel to make things simpler. Do you have Lithium batteries already? I’m making the move to Lithium now and can’t wait to get them in.

Old 12-31-2021, 04:56 PM   #9

Quote:
When I went to the Multiplus II I just totally abandoned the inverter sub panel and moved those circuits into the main panel to make things simpler. Do you have Lithium batteries already? I’m making the move to Lithium now and can’t wait to get them in.
I wish I could combine the two panels but with the addition of the induction cooktop and several other seemingly important breakers, I have too many for one.

I have been working to install my batteries (4x204 amp with room for 2 more) on my frame above my air dryer. It will be a unistrut frame, with subfloor on top. There will be heating pads though I don't camp in the winter often. I like this spot since I've had the battery wires loosen twice and crimped once, this spot will have the wires fixed in place. It stays dry in the rain and stays very warm right now.

I'll have a bunch of extra room when I finally move out those other batteries.

I'm going to have to have a yardsale with all of the rv stuff I'm getting rid of. That Xantrax, the 6 volt batteries, the Winegard T4 thing on my roof, two tvs, the list goes on.
Old 12-31-2021, 06:12 PM   #10

Quote:
This is the 30 amp line that runs the five circuits on the subpanel when you're not using the Xantrex. It's hooked up to the ATS which causes more issues when you try to move it.
Oh, your wiring will be a mess, there are a lot of barely connected connections.
Sigh, what a rats nest. A lot of barely connected connections? I suppose I have to go through each of these and figure out away to tighten?
From 2001 Daemon Escaper
From 1993 Daemon Hornet
Old 12-31-2021, 08:25 PM   #11

Quote:

850 AMPs Battery ??????
From 2001 Daemon Escaper
From 1993 Daemon Hornet
Old 12-31-2021, 09:15 PM   #12

Quote:
Rustynuts,

After you installed your clean Victron setup, what did the under bed RATS nest turn into? Got a Picture or did you just leave it?
From 2001 Daemon Escaper
From 1993 Daemon Hornet
Old 12-31-2021, 11:20 PM   #13

Quote:
Sigh, what a rats nest. A lot of barely connected connections? I suppose I have to go through each of these and figure out away to tighten?
Wago 221's are your friend. They work on both 120v ac with a junction box and 12v dc without. They hold very well considering the vibration of a RV.
I added a tag on the wires so I could tell where they are going to/coming from.
The white units on the right fall short of a good job.
Attached Thumbnails
20211114_123137.jpg   20211113_134435.jpg  
Old 12-31-2021, 11:22 PM   #14

Quote:
850 AMPs Battery ??????
Actually 4x 204 amp batteries, so 816 amps.
Old 12-31-2021, 11:39 PM   #15

Quote:
Are they Lithium? What brand?

Old 12-31-2021, 11:47 PM   #16

Quote:
Rustynuts,

After you installed your clean Victron setup, what did the under bed RATS nest turn into? Got a Picture or did you just leave it?
Actually compared to the newer models, mine wasn’t nearly as bad as pics I have seen. Mine is a 2018.5, the first year of the S2 chassis change but did not have the Mira/Firefly system and I think that is what creates such a rats mess under the bed. The only real change on mine is the relocation of the transfer switch. The wiring under the rear section was pretty bad when I opened it to do some furnace ductwork, the worst was the solar wires that were never capped!. I cleaned it up a bit and have been replacing the crappy scotchlok connectors with Wagos…..I love Wagos . There are a lot of lines I could shorten to clean things up but having them long might come in handy if I want to change things in the future.
Attached Thumbnails
29EB6C7F-D083-4597-88B6-12DCD649895C.jpg   A87065D3-5864-40B2-9447-6F58A3CDF9DC.jpg   7F1CBA81-71B5-4950-AF8B-8981AF0F76AB.jpg   23A17DF9-D5F8-442E-8F0D-A933F0BBBAFD.jpg  

Old 01-01-2022, 07:24 AM   #17

Quote:
Yes but they are a series/parallel connection, you have 4 - 6 volt batteries, 2 group in parallel, then group in series. Total 806 amp hrs at 12 volts divide by half for 403 total capacity me thinks…
From 2001 Daemon Escaper
From 1993 Daemon Hornet
Old 01-01-2022, 07:46 AM   #18

Quote:
Wago 221's are your friend. They work on both 120v ac with a junction box and 12v dc without. They hold very well considering the vibration of a RV.
I added a tag on the wires so I could tell where they are going to/coming from.
The white units on the right fall short of a good job.
I learn something new everyday. Never heard of these before, just watched some you tube. Excellent. Thanks.!
From 2001 Daemon Escaper
From 1993 Daemon Hornet
Old 01-01-2022, 08:50 AM   #19

Quote:
Actually compared to the newer models, mine wasn’t nearly as bad as pics I have seen. Mine is a 2018.5, the first year of the S2 chassis change but did not have the Mira/Firefly system and I think that is what creates such a rats mess under the bed. The only real change on mine is the relocation of the transfer switch. The wiring under the rear section was pretty bad when I opened it to do some furnace ductwork, the worst was the solar wires that were never capped!. I cleaned it up a bit and have been replacing the crappy scotchlok connectors with Wagos…..I love Wagos . There are a lot of lines I could shorten to clean things up but having them long might come in handy if I want to change things in the future.
Rustynuts,

My last coach had firefly, all 12 volt panels are connect with RJ11 telephone jacks. Very simple. This wiring mess is not a firefly issue, it’s just plain sloppy wiring. The issue with the firefly compare to my diplomat which had a bunch of wiring is that the firefly panel itself is a single point of failure. If it goes, all 12 volt goes. Fortunately it proved to be reliable.

A buddy of mine has a Entegra cornerstone, I think he has 4 firefly panels all tied together….or at least three. He had an issue with a software updates. Each system is designed for each coach floor plan. He updated his, but got a bad update….still trying to debug.

John
From 2001 Daemon Escaper
From 1993 Daemon Hornet
Old 01-01-2022, 09:07 AM   #20

Quote:
Are they Lithium? What brand?
SOK brand. I really liked the reviews, metal case and the bms.

There is a really good web site: do it yourself solar discussion forums. I don't know if can link the site here.

This is the best way not to reinvent the wheel complete with all the science.

Tags
37k, accolade, charger, inverter, jayco