Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-29-2022, 03:14 PM   #1

2022 Seneca/Accolade Trailer Brake Controller Wires

I have looked through other threads for trailer brake controller wiring however none of them talk about the color wires I believe are on mine. I have a prodigy controller that I’ve used in our Wrangler that I’ll use in the Accolade. Are these in fact controller wires? They were in the right spot as others have said. If so, how do I wire them to the universal harness that connects to the Prodigy?
Attached Thumbnails
2217B820-403F-40F8-A19D-EF3C47B34C69.jpg  

2022 Entegra Accolade 37K
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
GibbysWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 04:10 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GibbysWorld View Post
I have looked through other threads for trailer brake controller wiring however none of them talk about the color wires I believe are on mine. I have a prodigy controller that I’ve used in our Wrangler that I’ll use in the Accolade. Are these in fact controller wires? They were in the right spot as others have said. If so, how do I wire them to the universal harness that connects to the Prodigy?
I believe I heard some people state that if you follow that harness back there is a plug you can disconnect and some controllers offer a mating adapter.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 07:00 PM   #3

I have found the same harness and wires and am wondering the same for what color wire goes to what? If you figure it out please let us know.
Utrzrdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 03:45 PM   #4

Update: I purchased the Tekonsha 3027-P wiring harness and it’s plug n play (no wire splicing) and works with my Primus IQ (not Prodigy as previous stated) brake controller. Here is the link for it on Amazon.

Old 05-22-2022, 09:17 PM   #5

Further Update: Did a test run and the brake controller using the harness worked as should with our Aluma 18ft carhauler trailer. We plan on going to Omaha Nebraska in a couple weeks with our grandkids and will have the Tesla Model 3 on the trailer as our toad. Hopefully this will work out so we can use the Tesla on future trips that don't require our Wrangler Rubicon like the trip we have planned for Colorado in July.

Old 05-09-2023, 12:44 PM   #6

Suggestions where to mount the Primus IQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GibbysWorld View Post
Update: I purchased the Tekonsha 3027-P wiring harness and it’s plug n play (no wire splicing) and works with my Primus IQ (not Prodigy as previous stated) brake controller. Here is the link for it on Amazon.
Just purchased the Tekonsha Primus IQ for our 2020 Jayco Seneca 37K. Trying to decide the best place to mount it and which one of the two brackets to use that the unit came with. Would you have a picture of yours mounted?
2020JayBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 02:05 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020JayBird View Post
Just purchased the Tekonsha Primus IQ for our 2020 Jayco Seneca 37K. Trying to decide the best place to mount it and which one of the two brackets to use that the unit came with. Would you have a picture of yours mounted?
Unfortunately, the rig is in the shop for numerous issues (glad these have a two year warranty) but I installed it under the driver side cup holder. Seems to work good there and doesn’t get in the way while driving and I don’t bump it when heading to the back.
Old 05-10-2023, 06:12 PM   #8

I have the Tekonsha P3 and mounted it just to the right of the steering column. Not the best pic, it has never been in the way here.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5211.jpg  

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 07:44 PM   #9

Thank you both for your help. We mounted it under the driver cup holder for now. After our next trip, we may move it closer to the steering column.
2020JayBird is offline   Reply With Quote