Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-07-2023, 05:33 PM   #1

2023 accolade w/d winterizing

First time with a washer / dryer combo. I live in South Texas and have always just blown out the lines unless I know I'm getting a hard freeze for multiple days (which then I use antifreeze). Anything I can/should do for the w/d to get all the water out of the lines?
Boiler01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 05:37 PM   #2

There should be a sequence spelled out in the owner's manual. The problem is more the pump and valves than the hoses
Old 12-07-2023, 07:39 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler01 View Post
First time with a washer / dryer combo. I live in South Texas and have always just blown out the lines unless I know I'm getting a hard freeze for multiple days (which then I use antifreeze). Anything I can/should do for the w/d to get all the water out of the lines?
You could hook up compressed air to the wet bay water inlet, I use 40 PSI. Then set my washer to a cotton cycle with water temp setting set to full hot and start the washer. I hear water entering the machine, then it will become just air. Then I reset the cycle by pressing and holding the "Start" button for a few seconds until the lights come on, then release. Then change the water temperature to full cold and restart the cycle. Again it will initially admit some water and then you hear the air. Then lastly reset the cycle using the "Start" button again and switch it to the "Drain" cycle and restart the machine which will pump out the drum.

To help ensure the pump and drain line protected you might consider pouring some antifreeze into the drum and run the "Drain" cycle again to push antifreeze through the pump, drain line, and even into the drain trap for the washer.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Splendide winterizing.pdf (604.1 KB, 3 views)
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 10:50 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
You could hook up compressed air to the wet bay water inlet, I use 40 PSI. Then set my washer to a cotton cycle with water temp setting set to full hot and start the washer. I hear water entering the machine, then it will become just air. Then I reset the cycle by pressing and holding the "Start" button for a few seconds until the lights come on, then release. Then change the water temperature to full cold and restart the cycle. Again it will initially admit some water and then you hear the air. Then lastly reset the cycle using the "Start" button again and switch it to the "Drain" cycle and restart the machine which will pump out the drum.

To help ensure the pump and drain line protected you might consider pouring some antifreeze into the drum and run the "Drain" cycle again to push antifreeze through the pump, drain line, and even into the drain trap for the washer.
I basically do these steps with but run anti-freeze through the lines into the washer. Run the unit on hot then cold until I see pink coming through and then run the drain to empty the excess in the tub.

Same on the water/ice maker in the refrigerator. Remove the water filter and run until pink comes out the water dispenser and let it go through a cycle on the ice maker until standing pink in the ice cube trays.

Have gone through 2 Dallas winters with temps below freezing with no issues.
GollyGwiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 09:07 AM   #5

Thanks everyone. Appreciate the help - exactly what I was looking for.
Boiler01 is offline   Reply With Quote