Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-30-2022, 09:09 AM   #1

34ss more batteries

So I have a 2008 34ss. I put in 2 100ah lithium before my last trip and am happy with them compared to my last 6v batteries. All was good until the rain and clouds came and I couldn't keep them fully charged(generator took care of most of that). I a friend who has 6 100ah that have never been used I can get a couple of for a good price.
So my real question is where would I put the next 2 batteries? under the bed(not sure how to wire since bed moves) or modify the next compartment up for them?
mjc29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 10:50 PM   #2

Hello, I have a 35GS 2006, so a little different. I did though add two additional batteries in the compartment directly beside where the factory house batteries were. I built a shelf, and trimmed the backing board to allow batteries to slide all the way to the back of the cabinet. To reinforce the cabinet, I had a piece of Steel bolted underneath the cabinet to the metal cabinet frames. It has worked well for me for about 6 years now.
Old 10-01-2022, 02:08 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamCanadian View Post
Hello, I have a 35GS 2006, so a little different. I did though add two additional batteries in the compartment directly beside where the factory house batteries were. I built a shelf, and trimmed the backing board to allow batteries to slide all the way to the back of the cabinet. To reinforce the cabinet, I had a piece of Steel bolted underneath the cabinet to the metal cabinet frames. It has worked well for me for about 6 years now.
Thanks. That was kind of what i was thinking about doing. My solar charger is on the end wall of that compartment now.
mjc29 is offline   Reply With Quote