Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-17-2021, 08:53 PM   #1

37l slide

I have a 2020 37l. The kitchen slide hits the floor in 2 place when extending. When I look at it to me looks like the counter and cabinets look lower on one side. When I put a level on it in confirms my suspension. The counter also has a crack in it from the pressure of the floor pushing up on the cabinets. Has any one else had issues with this slide. When I bought it the dealer picked up on it and said it was a floor issue. Saying the floor is uneven. They say they fixed but looks they didn't. I have not been impressed with the service at all from the dealer.
Attached Thumbnails
20210617_151916.jpg   20210617_155419.jpg  
seneca323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 11:44 PM   #2

Having done solid surface work as a cabinetmaker, to me, that looks like a horribly done seam, not a crack. The tell tale sign is the particle flakes/pattern where they have been cut. I suspect they are making this top with a serpentine seam as a straight seal at this spot on a unsupported cabinet would be more prone to cracking. Can you actually feel a crack say with your fingernail or is it smooth over this area? I suspect the slide/cabinet is the issue, not the floor but a 4-6” straight edge would let you know if it is the floor or not.
Attached Thumbnails
355BE529-6574-4590-ABD1-901E861C4F12.jpeg  

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 07:05 AM   #3

What is the slide mechanisms on this? I ask as on the ts we have three slides. Swintec, flat floor and power glide above floor.

The kitchen is above floor slide and uses three rails and roller frames. I noticed recently that I was missing several of the rollers. There are four rollers on each rail. I also found four were loose and falling out. I tightened the loose ones and ordered new rollers to replace the missing ones. These rollers hold the slide rails and with them missing or loose the slide can tip up or down when in operation. See photo. If you look at the top you can see that this is sloped about a 1/4 per ft. So when the slide is in the unit will drop almost a 1/2 in. You can see the missing roller nut on the upper left if these photos load correctly.

The second issue Is the rails are attached to the bottom of the slide floor plywood. The design issue with this the rails are set in 16 inches from the ends and the third is in the middle. The weights from the love seat and cabinets are not centered over the rails. This has caused the slide floor to bend down under these unsupported areas. I added a support beam under the slide to reduce this warpage. This has leveled the floor and eliminated most of the bounce.

If it is a flat floor like the ts main slide there are some adjustments that can be made and possible shimming of the friction slide piece in the floor.
Attached Thumbnails
9AA707E7-ABA6-48F8-BE60-D4AB1608A9F1.jpg  
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 10:40 AM   #4

Thank you for your replies. You might be right about the counter cause it is smooth. If you run your hand along the counter it feel like a dent on a car. Maybe that is from sanding it down.

It's not the shwinteck slide. It has the rails on the bottom of the slide. The one thing I have noticed is when you start to extend it the top of the slide does not come out the same time as the bottom does. The bottom starts, wich makes it dip down and then comes out on a angle. I think this dip, is making it hit the floor. Cause when the slide is fully in there is ton of room . So if the top went out at same time as bottom, then I don't think there would be a issue.
Old 06-18-2021, 11:01 AM   #5

Is it like this? If so you might be missing some rollers. The two main slide they use have the motors and gears on the bottom. So when you hit extend the bottom starts to move. With the over the floor style which is this picture the slide should remain flat as long as the rollers are there and tight. If it is the rails that are mounted about 3 inches below the slide the bottom will move quite a bit before the top starts to move. This is normally a floor that will drop flat after extension.
Attached Thumbnails
8D86210F-A7F5-405B-8544-F1F245BD6DFE.jpg  
Old 06-18-2021, 12:36 PM   #6

Yes its like this picture. I do see a few rollers that are screwed to the side of the rv. There is no rollers on the slide thow. Just the tracks.
Old 06-18-2021, 04:19 PM   #7

In my previous post I had a photo of the mechanism for the slide. This is located under the slide but above the floor you can not see this when the slide is extended but you should be able to see it when the slide is in. There are probably 4 of these as you have a large slide. I am guessing as I have never seen your model number but if the unit is tipping in it could be this mechanism. You can also pull the seal around the rail and look into the space to see if you can see the roller.
Two photos. One with the roller and one without.

Hope this helps. It was my problem and I was concerned that the slide would cut the floor.
Attached Thumbnails
BC75AD74-2692-496F-B8DC-8107F288DEE9.jpg   CBAE2FCC-81B0-4C4D-A7BA-C1A2B29E02B0.jpg  
Old 06-18-2021, 05:04 PM   #8

Ok I see what you about the roller. I was thinking of a different one. I will check that and report back. Thank you