Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-27-2023, 08:20 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
javamon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Panama City
Posts: 575
Accessory Flood Lights Hot Wire

Interested in installing some LED flood lights in the front bumper and I'm looking for recc. as to where I can connect the power wire in the engine bay or under the dash.

Thanks!
__________________
Dave & Patricia
2017 Seneca 37FS
2016 Toyota Highlander
Kar Kaddy SS
javamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 08:31 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 3,043
I'd go straight to the battery since you are already in the engine compartment. Add a fuse and run a switch line into the passenger area.
__________________
2017 JayFlight 21QB
2021 Ford F150 SCrew 3.5 Eco, 157, 3.55, Tow Pkg
TaftCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 08:38 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
javamon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Panama City
Posts: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaftCoach View Post
I'd go straight to the battery since you are already in the engine compartment. Add a fuse and run a switch line into the passenger area.
The chassis batteries are hard to get to. I was hoping there are other options in the engine bay or under the dash.

Thanks
__________________
Dave & Patricia
2017 Seneca 37FS
2016 Toyota Highlander
Kar Kaddy SS
javamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 12:26 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Rustynuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Oregon Coast
Posts: 3,139
The easiest place I found to pull power from is a high current solenoid on the cab firewall. Once side I how all the time and the other is keyed power, testing can confirm. I connected to power all the time with a fused line and then ran it through the rubber panel on the firewall where the air lines run through, there are extra ports. Then I wired it to a Blue Sea fuse panel mounted on the drivers kick panel and I run any accessories from it.
Attached Thumbnails
XjSjzZR-0%21sizeoriginal.jpg   NX72Jmd-0%21sizeoriginal.jpg   X7x6KdN-0%21sizeoriginal.jpg  
__________________
Brian & Jeannie
2018.5 Seneca 37RB with to many mods to list
2015 Jeep JKU Rubicon

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 01:14 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
javamon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Panama City
Posts: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
The easiest place I found to pull power from is a high current solenoid on the cab firewall. Once side I how all the time and the other is keyed power, testing can confirm. I connected to power all the time with a fused line and then ran it through the rubber panel on the firewall where the air lines run through, there are extra ports. Then I wired it to a Blue Sea fuse panel mounted on the drivers kick panel and I run any accessories from it.
Thanks Brian. I was thinking of using a fuse tap off the body lights fuse box under the drivers seat, but I like your set-up better. Do you have a part# for the Blue Sea fuse panel? Also what are the spec on your fused line: 10/12 gauge, 30/40 amp fuse?
__________________
Dave & Patricia
2017 Seneca 37FS
2016 Toyota Highlander
Kar Kaddy SS
javamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 05:36 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Rustynuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Oregon Coast
Posts: 3,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by javamon View Post
Thanks Brian. I was thinking of using a fuse tap off the body lights fuse box under the drivers seat, but I like your set-up better. Do you have a part# for the Blue Sea fuse panel? Also what are the spec on your fused line: 10/12 gauge, 30/40 amp fuse?
Off the solenoid I ran 8ga with a 40amp inline fuse holder to the main lug on the fuse panel. Here is a link to the fuse panel I used, you can find cheaper ones but I really like Blue Sea quality. The 4 fuse panel fits nicely on the kick panel.

Blue Sea Systems 5045 ST Blade Fuse Block Compact 4 Circuit with Cover https://a.co/d/ek3RpNA
__________________
Brian & Jeannie
2018.5 Seneca 37RB with to many mods to list
2015 Jeep JKU Rubicon

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Jayco, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.