Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-28-2021, 07:54 AM   #1

Adding Washer/Dryer To 2014 Seneca 37TS

Just wondering what will fit without a lot of modification. I've used the all in one Splendide units in the past on boats but was never impressed. Could be the way it was vented, but I would prefer separate stacked units.
Old 09-28-2021, 10:31 AM   #2

On my 2018 (M2) 37HJ, I opted for the W/D option in lieu of the wardrobe cabinet in the bedroom.
They are actually separate units although I suppose they could be stacked. I can send you photos if you would like, along with model numbers. I’ve used them FT since 8.2017 with no problems or issues.
JimL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 11:27 AM   #3

I don’t think there is enough height in the ts for the stackable units. We have the vented combo and it works okay though you have to keep the size of a load fairly small.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 06:50 PM   #4

I have a 2014 TS and I have the Splendide vented combo. Very pleased with how it performs. Have heard others comment that they are not happy with how long the unvented model takes to dry and that the clothes are still slightly damp. But my vented model dries the clothes thoroughly but it does take a bit of time.

I did have to remove the three drawers to the left of wardrobe to install it. But the water connections and the drain are factory installed, so that part is easy. Not so easy was taking a 4" hole saw to the beautiful paint to install the vent!

We love it and it gets used a lot, especially when our grandsons are with us.
Attached Thumbnails
Spendide in Seneca.jpg   Vent hole.jpg  
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 08:14 PM   #5

Thanks for the replies. As dumb as this may sound, I actually have a Splendide in my 5th wheel that I've never used. I actually bought it for a boat about 15 years ago! LOL

I honestly don't remember if it's vented or not, or if a non-vented model can be changed to vented. Bought it off eBay and never even tried it (long story). Maybe it's time to give it a try.
Old 09-28-2021, 08:21 PM   #6

I don't know for certain whether a non-vented unit could be converted, but I can imagine it would be extensive and expensive. Perhaps a call to Splendide is in order. 1-800-356-0766
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 02:49 PM   #7

If you do install a vented unit inspect the exhaust vent to see if you can clean the lint out. My unit was installed by the factory and uses an exterior vent that has a fine mesh screen. After using our unit for a year we started to notice it was taking longer and longer to dry and bedroom was getting really hot. I pulled the unit out to see if the hose was collapsed but I found the screen was full of lint. In order to clean it I had to remove the outside fitting which was a pain. The vent is sealed to the rv and is 10’ above the driveway. Needless to say I now pull it twice a year now to be sure it is clear and operating correctly
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 02:58 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVermont View Post
If you do install a vented unit inspect the exhaust vent to see if you can clean the lint out. My unit was installed by the factory and uses an exterior vent that has a fine mesh screen. After using our unit for a year we started to notice it was taking longer and longer to dry and bedroom was getting really hot. I pulled the unit out to see if the hose was collapsed but I found the screen was full of lint. In order to clean it I had to remove the outside fitting which was a pain. The vent is sealed to the rv and is 10’ above the driveway. Needless to say I now pull it twice a year now to be sure it is clear and operating correctly

Great tip - I’ve not had problems (yet) but time to add another PM item - thanks!
JimL is offline   Reply With Quote