Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-05-2017, 08:31 AM   #21

Now on to Allstate Insurance. They were totally useless. We wasted 2 days trying to get a tow. The first day they sent a flatbed auto wrecker. When the driver arrived he said there was obviously a miscommunication. I called back to the Allstate dispatcher and he said he did the best he could and I should call back if we still needed a tow. Still needed a tow? What did he think I was calling for, a pizza? I took my brother's advice and called a local wrecking company. They had the rig towed in half an hour. Then Allstate gave us a discount code for the rental car. A whopping 5% discount. We insure 2 other vehicles and our business with the same Allstate agent. We are going to have a meeting with him to see if they can reimburse any funds. We pay $2400.00 a year for normal coverage and $170.00 for roadside assistance. I called GoodSam and they quoted me $1249.00 for the same coverage. Not only did Allstate do a poor job but they charge twice as much. It pays to shop around but the agent is a so called friend. Any advice on insurance and roadside assistance would be welcome.
Capt. Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 08:32 AM   #22

This is a well documented, very useful thread. Thank you for the time updating and being so thorough.
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 08:43 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Rich View Post
Any advice on insurance and roadside assistance would be welcome.
As mentioned this thread is very useful and documented but let's not "pollute it" with another topic.

There was a thread just last week discussing roadside assistance plans;
http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f7...lan-43205.html
abarkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 11:16 AM   #24

Sorry about that. Will jump to another thread.
Thanks, Capt. Rich
Old 02-05-2017, 11:40 AM   #25

No sweat whatsoever. This is good information and a heads-up for every 2005-2008 Seneca owner to know. I'll be looking around for this when I'm next under the hood of mine, just to check for any preventive measures I would need to take. This sort of thread is what makes these owner websites so valuable. Everyone can learn from the experience of one member. Thanks for your diligence in keeping up with the thread information through the resolution. Any pictures of the actual affected area would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-05-2017, 08:10 PM   #26

I will try and post some photos of the problem area. The engine bay does not stay very dry when driving in wet conditions. I am disconnecting and reconnecting all the plug ins. Also the ones on the trans itself. Then coating them with "Corrosion Block". I don't know if this will prevent this from happening again but it will make me feel more confident.