Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-09-2023, 04:51 PM   #1

Atwood stove top

2018 M2 FS. I’ve been having intermittent problems with my stove top. Just took the RV out of storage and I was able to light the LP fridge,furnace and water heater but the cooktop did not have any fuel supply. Turned the main shutoff multiple times and turned on slowly and it was finally supplying gas. My suspicions are the stove regulator is going bad. A little research shows part number 51062 but it seems discontinued. Anyone know of another alternative?
BIGPAPA1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 10:04 AM   #2

Try calling Etrailer. I have had good service finding parts from them on other issues.

Alternatively, saw some recent posts on replacing the stovetop that you might find on the search bar above. "cooktop replacement" has some interesting ideas.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 01:30 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGPAPA1970 View Post
2018 M2 FS. Iíve been having intermittent problems with my stove top. Just took the RV out of storage and I was able to light the LP fridge,furnace and water heater but the cooktop did not have any fuel supply. Turned the main shutoff multiple times and turned on slowly and it was finally supplying gas. My suspicions are the stove regulator is going bad. A little research shows part number 51062 but it seems discontinued. Anyone know of another alternative?
https://www.boatandrvaccessories.com...D=last&q=51062
Kar Kaddy SS
javamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 03:02 AM   #4
Lost in the Woods

It's possible that the stove regulator is going bad, especially if you've already tried turning the main shutoff multiple times and it still doesn't have a fuel supply. If the part number 51062 is discontinued, you may want to try searching for a compatible replacement regulator that can work with your stove top.

One option is to contact the manufacturer of your stove top and ask if they have any recommended replacements or if they can provide assistance in finding a compatible regulator. They may also be able to advise on any other potential issues that could be causing the intermittent problems.

Another option is to consult with a professional RV mechanic or gas technician who has experience with motorhome propane systems. They may be able to provide further insight on the issue and recommend a suitable replacement regulator or alternative solution.

It's important to address any propane system issues promptly and to ensure that any replacements or repairs are done safely and in compliance with local regulations.
11111energy is offline   Reply With Quote