Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-19-2021, 02:39 PM   #1

Ball valve for Sanicon hose

Sorry to start a new thread on it, been searching with no luck. I know I saw a photo of at least one mod. My hose seems to get water in it when stored, as others have noted. Haven’t got pooped on yet, but would like to prevent any mishaps. Curious how you detached the hose to install a ball valve. My hose is glued and clamped to a ~2” long white plastic barbed adapter piece which is then glued to Sanicon outlet.
My thought is to cut some shallow grooves in the short adapter with a die grinder and try to pick it apart, then work on the rubber piece on the end of the hose with it on the bench.
Thanks for any ideas.
Firewrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 02:54 PM   #2

Here is a photo of what I did to mine. On my unit there is a black socket weld that is glued to the grey housing then there was a grey barbed fitting screwed into the black fitting. I removed this and then installed a valve and cam lock fittings that I had previously gotten from Tractor supply. I normally have it capped and I have caps for the hose as well. The valve allows me to use the 4 inch drain without putting anything in the sanicon hose when we are dry camping and using a honey pot to handle the grey water. White pvc can be heated and the fittings can be taken apart. I am not sure if that is true with the black and grey parts that are welded/glued together.
Attached Thumbnails
C6D66E63-8B34-469D-80CF-C1AEEA744194.jpg   CE28402F-640A-4627-BB3C-BF7AD21B38EA.jpg  
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote