Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-29-2023, 03:08 PM   #1

Battery’s not charging

2022 Seneca, when engine running batteries charge but when plugged into shore power, power is bypassing to the batteries. Any ideas on direction to go?
blubeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 05:39 PM   #2

I would first check for a tripped breaker in the compartment just aft of the battery compartment. It is located in an unmarked, carpeted box, early versions had screws holding the cover on, later years have Velcro holding the cover on. Remove the cover and check the black square breakers, if tripped, a small level will be popped out, push the lever back into the breaker to reset. Unless their diagrams have changed, it should be breaker B6 which connects the batteries with the converter/charger.
Attached Thumbnails
PgSgw2F-0%21sizeoriginal.jpeg   KSc935Z-0%21sizeoriginal.jpeg   jzqn8xL-0%21sizeoriginal.jpeg   IMG_6516.jpeg  

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 05:55 PM   #3

On my 2021, those breakers are against the back wall of the battery slide out compartment, exposed. Wish mine were behind a panel in an enclosed bay like the more recent models.

I had a similar problem last year, turns out there was a blown capacitor on the circuitboard of my converter, which is the lower unit in the bedroom breaker box. Had to replace the entire converter. Hope yours is just a breaker. You can test your converter with a multimeter after you have checked for a possible breaker trip.
EricM22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 07:56 PM   #4

They may still be on the battery compartment on early 22’s, I believe they got moved inside mid 22. The converter capacitor blowing was my next suggestion, it’s been happening to a lot of people.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote