Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-09-2023, 10:44 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickandBecky View Post
I used mine a few times, then realized it was taking me longer and was not as thorough as the “old fashioned” dump hose. Shut it off and hasn’t been used in at least 2 years. Not worth messing with IMHO.

I’ve found the same. Only use it now and then. I did use it a few days ago when the dump was uphill slightly. That and not assembling/connecting hoses is the only advantage. If gravity is in your favor a standard dump works best I feel.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 12:04 PM   #22

I removed the original macerator system as I believe you did. I modified a split valve system and applied it to the main dump tube. I also applied a new external macerator pump as seen in the attached pic. It is a more powerful pump and will empty 30 gallons in less than a minute. I also solved the problem of the 1/2 bath black tank clogging up due to the long run to the plumbing bay by installing a macerator toilet form Sanicon. And as you can see in the pic, I have the alternative of using the standard 3 inch dump hose if the current macerator pump goes bad. I installed the pump so it can be easily replaced if needed. The original system on my Seneca 37K was very poorly designed. Designed to fail. This is the 2nd year since the mod and I couldn't be happier with its operation.
Attached Thumbnails
Macerator mod.jpg  
dcs500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 01:50 PM   #23

Looks good. I have been fine without the macerator, but will keep the external one like that in mind if I ever feel the need to pump uphill. I have the 37M with two grey tanks and just the one black tank. I bought one of those reducer caps for the second grey tank that goes to a regular garden hose. My method is to dump the black tank and then hook up the black tank flush and let it run while I go to the forward grey tank and hook up the garden hose and run it back to the dump station. This way I don't have to move the RV and I am using the down time for the black flush...
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L
Jeepin Jason is offline   Reply With Quote