Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-10-2024, 10:45 PM   #1

Bluefire update problems

Currently on a trip from Ohio to the Grand Canyon, and my Bluefire iphone app took an automatic update of the Bluefire app and now is totally pooched.

My Bluefire unit is only about 2 years old, never given me any problems and always worked like a charm. The problem isnít the unit - its the software. When I start the program the icons are faded out and non-reactive - regardless of whether it can connect to the unit. The unit works fine with my ipad pro running the previous version of the software. The updated software on my iphone, totally buggy and nonfunctional.

Anybody else tried the new update? Bluefire LLC is non-responsive.
EricM22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2024, 12:20 AM   #2

I have found the bluefire updates to be very buggie and say no to updates for a while to see if they are worth it or not. You can check on update issues on the Bluefire forums. If the adapter firmware is old enough, you may have to send it in to have it updated to the latest firmware. I would try deleting the app off your phone and then reloading it and importing the dash. You could also email Mark at Bluefire and send him the event log from the app for him to look at, thatís how they get bugs fixed.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 12:07 PM   #3

What update gave you the issues? I am running older version and it didn't ask yet for the latest update...but it is working just fine and I didn't want to risk trying to get latest for same reason. (sorry not near my tablet to know what software I currently am running.)

2020 37K Seneca
2016 31FS Greyhawk (sold)
Retired USAF
Eric&DianeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 08:39 PM   #4

Version 10.0 11 dated May 24 2024 is the version I just updated to. Still waiting on Bluefire to ship me the updated adaptor. Mailed mine back a week ago
DonkeyFluffer is offline   Reply With Quote