Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-25-2021, 12:01 PM   #1

Brought her home

Ordered our unit in July and recently picked up our 2022 Entegra Accolade 37L at NIRVC (Atlanta, 523 miles away) and spent a couple nights there hooked up and checking all systems. The PDI they did was pretty thorough, as we only ended up with 4 items on our punch list, not counting a couple very minor blemishes (loose stitch on one of the recliners and sharp edge on a storage bay door). Dean, our dedicated technician, spent every bit of the 50 hours we were there teaching, fixing, adjusting, and making sure we were happy. Justin, the Service Manager, also worked very hard and late every day to make the unit as perfect as they could get it. In the end, there is only one item on our punchlist remaining, and that's a chassis issue with Freightliner. The steering wheel is off-center and, while annoying, isn't harming anything. I'll be contacting the nearest Freightliner shop to have that corrected, as well as getting an alignment after i load it up with my stuff.

Our salesperson William, and finance officer Tamora made everything on that end go smooth as possible. Miles, the Title Clerk, even went out of his way to make sure our registration and tags were mailed to us where we are currently at and and not my residence. Todd, the General Manager, made it all happen. I even had a pleasant voicemail and text exchange with Brett Davis, owner of NIRVC, making sure we were treated well.

The coach itself...stunning Oceanside paint job released for 2022. Pics show grey, but it's silver in person.

A pleasant surprise is the Onan 8k diesel generator was not there, instead Entegra had installed the 10k in it's place, likely because of supply issues, but I'm not complaining.

Drove her home, towing my Gladiator and those 523 miles convinced me I'd made the right choice.

My wife was overwhelmed by emotion because of the culmination of our 3.5 years of research, RV shows, YouTube, selling our last motorhome, and driving her nuts in general. Less than two years until my 3rd retirement and a full-time journey we've been planning for years.

I've been reading every post about the Seneca's and Accolade's for months, before and after I ordered. You folks are amazing with your knowledge and I'm happy to be here.

JimClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8298.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	77808Click image for larger version

Name:	CC11ADCB-.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	128.6 KB
ID:	77810Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8211(2).jpg
Views:	98
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	77811Click image for larger version

Name:	20211224_130841.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	77809Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3802.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	77812Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3800.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	121.4 KB
ID:	77813
DonkeyFluffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 12:42 PM   #2

Enjoy and
Attached Images

Old 12-25-2021, 12:45 PM   #3

VERY nice looking rig!!
Nice to hear of positive dealer experiences !
Congrats, enjoy, and safe travels!!
Old 12-25-2021, 12:55 PM   #4

Also, while I know of all the DEF sensor issues, is this saying mine are bypassed until I get notification to have my software updated?Click image for larger version

Name:	20211221_113745.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	77816
Old 12-25-2021, 01:34 PM   #5

I'm guessing no but you could call them, it looks like they will install a new sensor and do a software update when the new sensor comes in. This is just the way I read it. Automotive applications equipped with Diesel engines are subject to stringent legislative requirements in terms of particulate matter (PM) emissions. A Diesel particulate filter (DPF) reduces the tailpipe PM content in the exhaust gas to fulfill the emission thresholds of law's authority.
Bill Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 01:35 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyFluffer View Post
Also, while I know of all the DEF sensor issues, is this saying mine are bypassed until I get notification to have my software updated?Attachment 77816
Beautiful motorhome nice colors
Bill Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 02:23 PM   #7

Congrats!!! I pick up our Seneca 37M from NIRV in Phoenix in a couple of weeks. The unit arrived there on 12/22. Will be interesting to see if I get the 10k generator as well. The no soot sensor might be a good thing. I am thinking that I will just refuse the recall when they become available. We don't live in California, so I doubt anyone would ever know the difference.

Really like the paint! Your dingy is not bad either, we will be towing my JL Rubicon behind ours. It is on 37" tires and lifted... Hopefully, it will tow well.
Jeepin Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 02:49 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepin Jason View Post
Congrats!!! I pick up our Seneca 37M from NIRV in Phoenix in a couple of weeks. The unit arrived there on 12/22. Will be interesting to see if I get the 10k generator as well. The no soot sensor might be a good thing. I am thinking that I will just refuse the recall when they become available. We don't live in California, so I doubt anyone would ever know the difference.

Really like the paint! Your dingy is not bad either, we will be towing my JL Rubicon behind ours. It is on 37" tires and lifted... Hopefully, it will tow well.
I have that JT Rubicon, a JL Sahara (4 door, manual) and a JL Willys (2 door, turbo). All lifted, all on 35's, winches, bumpers, GMRS, etc. Jeeps are the greatest toads.

I hope you do get the 10k generator. It's overkill, but the rig is overkill too. Murica!
Old 12-25-2021, 02:53 PM   #9

Congratulations, I like the paint scheme.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 05:49 PM   #10

Congrats! That is very nice and it's very open, I know that you can't wait for summer to come back around.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 06:25 PM   #11
Site Team

Congratulations on your new Accolade! it's great to hear your PDI went well, was so thorough, and you took your time. It'll go a long way to your stress-free enjoyment.

Our Super C family of members is the best. They deserve every "attaboy" for their extensive knowledge, and willingness to share it.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 12:37 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepin Jason View Post

You shouldn’t have an issue. Mine tows perfect with 37’s.

edit: turned pic over.
Attached Thumbnails
turnover (2).jpg  
70gsrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 11:26 AM   #13

Congratulations!
Old 12-28-2021, 01:02 PM   #14

Awesome rig, that looks expensive!!! If it were mine, I just wouldn't drive it in California and ignore the update to add the DPF and DEF as long as possible.
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 02:15 PM   #15

Beautiful rig and a great testimonial for your selling dealer! Good to hear they took excellent care of you!

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 04:02 PM   #16

Congratulations. It. Is. Beautiful.
PullRite #4452 OE Adapter & #2700 SuperGlide Hitch
Stan&Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 10:11 PM   #17

70gsrick, that's a mighty fine looking rig and toad
Old 12-29-2021, 06:32 AM   #18

Congratulations. Took delivery myself in May after ordering last November and looking for a long while before that. I hope you and your wife have the most remarkable memories using your new rig.
Old 12-30-2021, 12:38 PM   #19

If I were you, I would never take it in….that bypass will prevent you from getting stuck on the side of the road for months. Without the bypass, the engine will be forced into to a degrade of 5MPH until the sensor is fixed…
Jmorenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 09:12 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyFluffer View Post
Ordered our unit in July and recently picked up our 2022 Entegra Accolade 37L at NIRVC (Atlanta, 523 miles away) and spent a couple nights there hooked up and checking all systems. The PDI they did was pretty thorough, as we only ended up with 4 items on our punch list, not counting a couple very minor blemishes (loose stitch on one of the recliners and sharp edge on a storage bay door). Dean, our dedicated technician, spent every bit of the 50 hours we were there teaching, fixing, adjusting, and making sure we were happy. Justin, the Service Manager, also worked very hard and late every day to make the unit as perfect as they could get it. In the end, there is only one item on our punchlist remaining, and that's a chassis issue with Freightliner. The steering wheel is off-center and, while annoying, isn't harming anything. I'll be contacting the nearest Freightliner shop to have that corrected, as well as getting an alignment after i load it up with my stuff.

Our salesperson William, and finance officer Tamora made everything on that end go smooth as possible. Miles, the Title Clerk, even went out of his way to make sure our registration and tags were mailed to us where we are currently at and and not my residence. Todd, the General Manager, made it all happen. I even had a pleasant voicemail and text exchange with Brett Davis, owner of NIRVC, making sure we were treated well.

The coach itself...stunning Oceanside paint job released for 2022. Pics show grey, but it's silver in person.

A pleasant surprise is the Onan 8k diesel generator was not there, instead Entegra had installed the 10k in it's place, likely because of supply issues, but I'm not complaining.

Drove her home, towing my Gladiator and those 523 miles convinced me I'd made the right choice.

My wife was overwhelmed by emotion because of the culmination of our 3.5 years of research, RV shows, YouTube, selling our last motorhome, and driving her nuts in general. Less than two years until my 3rd retirement and a full-time journey we've been planning for years.

I've been reading every post about the Seneca's and Accolade's for months, before and after I ordered. You folks are amazing with your knowledge and I'm happy to be here.

JimAttachment 77808Attachment 77810Attachment 77811Attachment 77809Attachment 77812Attachment 77813

I ordered the same color on my 37K, great choice! I just noticed however you got a 10K onan generator? Was that an upgrade? Units ship with 8K…
From 2001 Daemon Escaper
From 1998 Daemon Intruder
From 1993 Daemon Hornet
From Tent (BEST RV EVER!)
Jmorenz is offline   Reply With Quote