Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-28-2022, 04:28 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: pfafftown
Posts: 35
Buying a 2022 37k Super C

Took my test drive the other day and everything was great handled good brakes good and felt completely comfortable the only thing that bothered me was the rattling of the blinds when I hit a big bump any ideas or suggestions on how to quiet down everything when on the road?
Cornpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 04:44 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
EA37TS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Longs
Posts: 1,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornpop View Post
Took my test drive the other day and everything was great handled good brakes good and felt completely comfortable the only thing that bothered me was the rattling of the blinds when I hit a big bump any ideas or suggestions on how to quiet down everything when on the road?
Welcome. Were the blinds up or down? When mine are up there is no rattle.

Tell the dealer the rig pulled to one side or the other. Jayco pays for an alignment if there was an issue during the test drive. After the test drive the alignment is the new owners responsibility.
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 05:27 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Fairfax
Posts: 113
Oddly enough, we just took a test drive in the Entegra version of the same unit last weekend, and i was quite pleased with how quiet it was going over some rough roads compared to the F53 24K V10 based coach we have now.

I agree with EA37TS that the shade when left down can make quite a bit of a racket. Iíve noticed this both in our existing coach as well as during the test drive on the Accolade. I didnít look at the shades that closely during the test drive, but I know on our current unit you can adjust the wheel on the end of the shade to get it to retract a little more or less depending on your needs, and changing the length of whatís left hanging when retracted makes a huge difference in the period of the swing and therefore whether it makes noise.

Also, you could put some self-adhesive velcro (the soft side) on the back of the bar at the end of the shade so that the impact against the window frame hits the velcro instead of the bar.

Iíll know more once we pick it up mid next week.
__________________
2022 Entegra Accolade 37K
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
DustyGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 05:50 PM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: pfafftown
Posts: 35
thx

Thank you guys so much I welcome any input as I'm a complete newb to this I welcome any more ideas thinking about putting carpet in the driver's cab to quieten that and also any ideas on the microwave vent rattling outside
Cornpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 07:25 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: Linthicum
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornpop View Post
Thank you guys so much I welcome any input as I'm a complete newb to this I welcome any more ideas thinking about putting carpet in the driver's cab to quieten that and also any ideas on the microwave vent rattling outside
My wife is excellent at ďrigging for Silent RunningĒ. Every rig we have had, the first trip or two she breaks out the sticky felt dots, sticky rubber dots, and the rubber shelf liner to find the culpritsÖ..Every coach will rattle, but she is excellent and squelching the easy stuffÖ.
__________________
2022 Entegra Accolade 37K
From 2017 Monaco Dynasty
From 2005 Monaco Diplomat (Second best rv!)
From 2001 Daemon Escaper
From 1998 Daemon Intruder
From 1993 Daemon Hornet
From Tent (BEST RV EVER!)
Jmorenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 08:22 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
EA37TS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Longs
Posts: 1,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyGeek View Post
Oddly enough, we just took a test drive in the Entegra version of the same unit last weekend, and i was quite pleased with how quiet it was going over some rough roads compared to the F53 24K V10 based coach we have now.

I agree with EA37TS that the shade when left down can make quite a bit of a racket. Iíve noticed this both in our existing coach as well as during the test drive on the Accolade. I didnít look at the shades that closely during the test drive, but I know on our current unit you can adjust the wheel on the end of the shade to get it to retract a little more or less depending on your needs, and changing the length of whatís left hanging when retracted makes a huge difference in the period of the swing and therefore whether it makes noise.

Also, you could put some self-adhesive velcro (the soft side) on the back of the bar at the end of the shade so that the impact against the window frame hits the velcro instead of the bar.

Iíll know more once we pick it up mid next week.
Iíll have to verify this tomorrow but I believe the Velcro strips are already on the back of the sun shade.
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 09:08 PM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: St Germain
Posts: 81
We have a 2021 37k and it took us about 10,000 miles to find all the noisy things
Timdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 09:13 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: The Ozarks
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
I’ll have to verify this tomorrow but I believe the Velcro strips are already on the back of the sun shade.
We picked up our 37K on the 7th of January and it didn’t have Velcro on the backs. I did put some on and it does help. If having them down, stagger them a bit so the metal bars at the bottom of the shades don’t hit each other and have them a little above the window knobs. Other than that it’s fairly quiet inside. We put non skid cabinet liners in the bottom of each shelf and in between plate/bowl and metal cookware.

As far as the front end alignment, we had this done last week and all you have to do is get a quote from a place you feel comfortable with and send it to Jayco customer service. They will approve it, then get the work done and they reimburse you after you send an invoice showing was paid. I didn’t have to mention it to the dealer. I contacted Jayco directly prior to taking delivery asking what to do if it needed a front end alignment and this is what they told me. I did everything through email.
__________________
John (Retired Air Force) & Cheryl (Middle School Sped Teacher)

2022 Entegra Accolade 37K
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL
GibbysWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 09:20 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
SloPoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Kingman AZ and where our Seneca is today.
Posts: 2,744
oh my... This makes us laff.... Thinking about how to bring a few essentials along...

Think about it - taking these things so they don't take up all the room in the Seneca-

Corn pot... inside of that is
Casserole Pot... Inside of that is
Stove Top Coffee Percolator with these packed inside
Glass Perc Viewer, Basket, Strainer, Tube
and ... who knows if a few shot glasses did not make it inside of the percolator???



So who wants to tell my DW how she can make that go silently down the road.

and then tell me how much work it is going to take to make that... Not be - the noisiest rattletrap going down the interstate !

We have never heard our Blinds rattle down the road since we bought it... They are drowned out by the other noises now...
__________________
Steve & Stacy with Ned
2015 Seneca 36FK
Custom 27' flatbed trailer hauling our:
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400
Fresh 2022 Coors Light in the fridge.
SloPoke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 09:54 PM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: pfafftown
Posts: 35
All those things are on our list my wife is a freak about being quiet I've got to make sure I do something thank you
Cornpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 08:14 PM   #11
Member
 
TheNextChapter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: Long Island
Posts: 56
Yesterday was one month...

I drove home from the dealer and took a trip to Mooresville last week and back home across the lovely cross Bronx!

While everything rattles coming across there and in and out of long island 😁 the shade in the side door rattles like crazy and I have yet to get to figure out how to quiet it down.

The other shades don't seem to make much noise if at all.
TheNextChapter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 06:21 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: The Ozarks
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextChapter View Post
Yesterday was one month...

I drove home from the dealer and took a trip to Mooresville last week and back home across the lovely cross Bronx!

While everything rattles coming across there and in and out of long island 😁 the shade in the side door rattles like crazy and I have yet to get to figure out how to quiet it down.

The other shades don't seem to make much noise if at all.
We pull the side door shade all the way down then there isnít any slack in the side strings so the shade canít move.
__________________
John (Retired Air Force) & Cheryl (Middle School Sped Teacher)

2022 Entegra Accolade 37K
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL
GibbysWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 05:17 PM   #13
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: pfafftown
Posts: 35
thanks
Cornpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 07:23 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 880
Cornpop,
There is a panel over the fuel tank on the driver's side, that by design, is made to rattle. Fought it for 6 years and 92 000 miles. Final solution, was to repair with epoxy and fiberglass cloth on the back and then cover with "Great stuff" foam on the backside. I trimmed the foam to allow it to fit, but the foam filled any void that allowed a resonating noise to come up through your feet. Just one item I didn't see mentioned in the list of trying to quite the noise.

Smooth Sailing, Ric Golding
__________________
Smooth Sailing,
Ric and Jan Golding
Southern Illinois
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 07:13 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
EA37TS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Longs
Posts: 1,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgolding View Post
Cornpop,
There is a panel over the fuel tank on the driver's side, that by design, is made to rattle. Fought it for 6 years and 92 000 miles. Final solution, was to repair with epoxy and fiberglass cloth on the back and then cover with "Great stuff" foam on the backside. I trimmed the foam to allow it to fit, but the foam filled any void that allowed a resonating noise to come up through your feet. Just one item I didn't see mentioned in the list of trying to quite the noise.

Smooth Sailing, Ric Golding
Fuel tank on an S2RV is in the area of the rear axle not near the driverís door.
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 07:15 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
SloPoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Kingman AZ and where our Seneca is today.
Posts: 2,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Fuel tank on an S2RV is in the area of the rear axle not near the driverís door.
On the M2 it is
__________________
Steve & Stacy with Ned
2015 Seneca 36FK
Custom 27' flatbed trailer hauling our:
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400
Fresh 2022 Coors Light in the fridge.
SloPoke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 08:17 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
EA37TS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Longs
Posts: 1,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by SloPoke View Post
On the M2 it is
Yep, but the OP is buying a 2022. M2 is irrelevant to his question.
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 06:59 PM   #18
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Punta Gorda
Posts: 6
Micro vent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornpop View Post
Thank you guys so much I welcome any input as I'm a complete newb to this I welcome any more ideas thinking about putting carpet in the driver's cab to quieten that and also any ideas on the microwave vent rattling outside
Hi Cornpop, not sure if you can get herd bumper in black. Just wanted to let you know that I have a telescopic ladder that I use to shut the outside micro vent. It has two tabs that click into place to keep it latched shut. Just got to remember to open it before you use the fan. Mickey
Mickey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 08:44 PM   #19
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: pfafftown
Posts: 35
I've read that that can be a real noise problem so you just push it in and it clicks right thank you so much I appreciate that
Cornpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Jayco, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.