Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-28-2022, 04:28 PM   #1

Buying a 2022 37k Super C

Took my test drive the other day and everything was great handled good brakes good and felt completely comfortable the only thing that bothered me was the rattling of the blinds when I hit a big bump any ideas or suggestions on how to quiet down everything when on the road?
Cornpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 04:44 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornpop View Post
Took my test drive the other day and everything was great handled good brakes good and felt completely comfortable the only thing that bothered me was the rattling of the blinds when I hit a big bump any ideas or suggestions on how to quiet down everything when on the road?
Welcome. Were the blinds up or down? When mine are up there is no rattle.

Tell the dealer the rig pulled to one side or the other. Jayco pays for an alignment if there was an issue during the test drive. After the test drive the alignment is the new owners responsibility.
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 05:27 PM   #3

Oddly enough, we just took a test drive in the Entegra version of the same unit last weekend, and i was quite pleased with how quiet it was going over some rough roads compared to the F53 24K V10 based coach we have now.

I agree with EA37TS that the shade when left down can make quite a bit of a racket. I’ve noticed this both in our existing coach as well as during the test drive on the Accolade. I didn’t look at the shades that closely during the test drive, but I know on our current unit you can adjust the wheel on the end of the shade to get it to retract a little more or less depending on your needs, and changing the length of what’s left hanging when retracted makes a huge difference in the period of the swing and therefore whether it makes noise.

Also, you could put some self-adhesive velcro (the soft side) on the back of the bar at the end of the shade so that the impact against the window frame hits the velcro instead of the bar.

I’ll know more once we pick it up mid next week.
Old 01-28-2022, 05:50 PM   #4

thx

Thank you guys so much I welcome any input as I'm a complete newb to this I welcome any more ideas thinking about putting carpet in the driver's cab to quieten that and also any ideas on the microwave vent rattling outside
Old 01-28-2022, 07:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Thank you guys so much I welcome any input as I'm a complete newb to this I welcome any more ideas thinking about putting carpet in the driver's cab to quieten that and also any ideas on the microwave vent rattling outside
My wife is excellent at “rigging for Silent Running”. Every rig we have had, the first trip or two she breaks out the sticky felt dots, sticky rubber dots, and the rubber shelf liner to find the culprits…..Every coach will rattle, but she is excellent and squelching the easy stuff….
From 2001 Daemon Escaper
From 1998 Daemon Intruder
From 1993 Daemon Hornet
From Tent (BEST RV EVER!)
Jmorenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 08:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyGeek View Post
Oddly enough, we just took a test drive in the Entegra version of the same unit last weekend, and i was quite pleased with how quiet it was going over some rough roads compared to the F53 24K V10 based coach we have now.

I agree with EA37TS that the shade when left down can make quite a bit of a racket. I’ve noticed this both in our existing coach as well as during the test drive on the Accolade. I didn’t look at the shades that closely during the test drive, but I know on our current unit you can adjust the wheel on the end of the shade to get it to retract a little more or less depending on your needs, and changing the length of what’s left hanging when retracted makes a huge difference in the period of the swing and therefore whether it makes noise.

Also, you could put some self-adhesive velcro (the soft side) on the back of the bar at the end of the shade so that the impact against the window frame hits the velcro instead of the bar.

I’ll know more once we pick it up mid next week.
I’ll have to verify this tomorrow but I believe the Velcro strips are already on the back of the sun shade.
Old 01-28-2022, 09:08 PM   #7

We have a 2021 37k and it took us about 10,000 miles to find all the noisy things
Timdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 09:13 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
I’ll have to verify this tomorrow but I believe the Velcro strips are already on the back of the sun shade.
We picked up our 37K on the 7th of January and it didn’t have Velcro on the backs. I did put some on and it does help. If having them down, stagger them a bit so the metal bars at the bottom of the shades don’t hit each other and have them a little above the window knobs. Other than that it’s fairly quiet inside. We put non skid cabinet liners in the bottom of each shelf and in between plate/bowl and metal cookware.

As far as the front end alignment, we had this done last week and all you have to do is get a quote from a place you feel comfortable with and send it to Jayco customer service. They will approve it, then get the work done and they reimburse you after you send an invoice showing was paid. I didn’t have to mention it to the dealer. I contacted Jayco directly prior to taking delivery asking what to do if it needed a front end alignment and this is what they told me. I did everything through email.

2022 Entegra Accolade 37K
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
GibbysWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 09:20 PM   #9

oh my... This makes us laff.... Thinking about how to bring a few essentials along...

Think about it - taking these things so they don't take up all the room in the Seneca-

Corn pot... inside of that is
Casserole Pot... Inside of that is
Stove Top Coffee Percolator with these packed inside
Glass Perc Viewer, Basket, Strainer, Tube
and ... who knows if a few shot glasses did not make it inside of the percolator???

So who wants to tell my DW how she can make that go silently down the road.

and then tell me how much work it is going to take to make that... Not be - the noisiest rattletrap going down the interstate !

We have never heard our Blinds rattle down the road since we bought it... They are drowned out by the other noises now...
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 09:54 PM   #10

All those things are on our list my wife is a freak about being quiet I've got to make sure I do something thank you
Old 01-29-2022, 08:14 PM   #11

Yesterday was one month...

I drove home from the dealer and took a trip to Mooresville last week and back home across the lovely cross Bronx!

While everything rattles coming across there and in and out of long island 😁 the shade in the side door rattles like crazy and I have yet to get to figure out how to quiet it down.

The other shades don't seem to make much noise if at all.
TheNextChapter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 06:21 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextChapter View Post
Yesterday was one month...

I drove home from the dealer and took a trip to Mooresville last week and back home across the lovely cross Bronx!

While everything rattles coming across there and in and out of long island 😁 the shade in the side door rattles like crazy and I have yet to get to figure out how to quiet it down.

The other shades don't seem to make much noise if at all.
We pull the side door shade all the way down then there isn’t any slack in the side strings so the shade can’t move.

2022 Entegra Accolade 37K
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
GibbysWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 05:17 PM   #13

thanks
Old 02-10-2022, 07:23 AM   #14

Cornpop,
There is a panel over the fuel tank on the driver's side, that by design, is made to rattle. Fought it for 6 years and 92 000 miles. Final solution, was to repair with epoxy and fiberglass cloth on the back and then cover with "Great stuff" foam on the backside. I trimmed the foam to allow it to fit, but the foam filled any void that allowed a resonating noise to come up through your feet. Just one item I didn't see mentioned in the list of trying to quite the noise.

Smooth Sailing, Ric Golding
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 07:13 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgolding View Post
Cornpop,
There is a panel over the fuel tank on the driver's side, that by design, is made to rattle. Fought it for 6 years and 92 000 miles. Final solution, was to repair with epoxy and fiberglass cloth on the back and then cover with "Great stuff" foam on the backside. I trimmed the foam to allow it to fit, but the foam filled any void that allowed a resonating noise to come up through your feet. Just one item I didn't see mentioned in the list of trying to quite the noise.

Smooth Sailing, Ric Golding
Fuel tank on an S2RV is in the area of the rear axle not near the driver’s door.
Old 02-10-2022, 07:15 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Fuel tank on an S2RV is in the area of the rear axle not near the driver’s door.
On the M2 it is
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 08:17 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloPoke View Post
On the M2 it is
Yep, but the OP is buying a 2022. M2 is irrelevant to his question.
Old 02-19-2022, 06:59 PM   #18

Micro vent

Quote:
Hi Cornpop, not sure if you can get herd bumper in black. Just wanted to let you know that I have a telescopic ladder that I use to shut the outside micro vent. It has two tabs that click into place to keep it latched shut. Just got to remember to open it before you use the fan. Mickey
Mickey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 08:44 PM   #19

I've read that that can be a real noise problem so you just push it in and it clicks right thank you so much I appreciate that