Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-07-2021, 03:43 PM   #1

Camping World Service

Has any had issues getting service on your motor home bought from Camping World. I made a appointment to have a recall issue fixed and refrigerator looked at on our 2021 Greyhawk. Two weeks after I took it in on the scheduled appointment date they still haven’t pulled it in to do the work. I thought that’s what a appointment was for.
Pastorlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 03:51 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastorlarry View Post
Has any had issues getting service on your motor home bought from Camping World. I made a appointment to have a recall issue fixed and refrigerator looked at on our 2021 Greyhawk. Two weeks after I took it in on the scheduled appointment date they still haven’t pulled it in to do the work. I thought that’s what a appointment was for.
Hate to tell you, "Welcome to the world or RV service" it's not just Camping World. 80% of all RV service centers are understaffed and overwhelmed with customers. The vast majority make the appointment so they can see the rig and then order the parts, once the parts arrive the work starts.
Old 04-07-2021, 03:52 PM   #3

yep... that sounds like a majority of our visits to CW service for our Seneca. I don't have much positive to say about them... so better off leaving it at that.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 03:55 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloPoke View Post
yep... that sounds like a majority of our visits to CW service for our Seneca. I don't have much positive to say about them... so better off leaving it at that.
+1

I knew the day I rolled off the lot I would never see them again. REALLY wished I could've bought from the same dealer where I bought my TT, but he didn't deal motorized.

As for Jayco CS, I've never had a bad experience. Just slow sometimes.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 04:01 PM   #5

Common complaint about how long campers are on the lot for repair. Most CW locations seem to have a horrid reputation for service.

Unfortunately, this is how most RV service centers work. Make an appointment. Bring it in. They will look at it, when they feel up to it. Note what warranty items to be done. Park the camper back in the lot. Contact Jayco, for warranty approval and get parts ordered. Let the rig sit a long time more while the parts are delivered. Once the parts are in. Think about bringing in the rig for service. Weeks if lucky, but expect a month or two later you get a call that you can pick it up.

My dealer has been really good to work with. I found if I drop it off, and tell them I have a trip planned. They get it in the shop with a few days to figure out what parts they need to order. They tell me to come get it and have a great trip. Once the parts are in, they give me a call and to drop it back off.

If your handy do all the work yourself.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 04:14 PM   #6

I agree
Pastorlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 04:55 PM   #7

Pastorlarry, praying won’t help either.
Old 04-07-2021, 06:40 PM   #8

I hate Camping World.

Even in the best of times, Camping World service in my experience is ALWAYS worse then a dealership’s service.

I buy RV Antifreeze and a part from them if I’m in a pinch, but generally speaking I avoid Camping World. Terrible experiences there.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote