Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-30-2020, 06:07 PM   #1

CB install

Anyone install a CB in their Jayco Seneca? If so where did you install, overhead? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated....thamks, KP
Kpfabricators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 06:20 PM   #2

Not a CB but Ham radio, same issue. Mine is installed on my back ladder. I used clamps to attach my vertical antenna to my rear ladder then ran the coax down the ladder bar to the underside. Popped the coax up through the floor into a storage compartment. Then ran it across the compartment and brought it inside right behind the dining bench.

Buddy of mine didn’t have a ladder. He mounted a small square piece of metal to his roof then used Dicor over the screw heads and perimeter of the steel plate. This allowed him to attach a magnetic antenna to his roof. He ran the coax across to the nearby vent and down inside to the cabin area. He secured the coax across the roof until it entered the vent with a few pieces of Eternabond tape.
430 amp/hr 6v battery bank
1000w Renogy hard wired inverter
2011 F350 Lariat, DWR 4x4, 6.7 turbo diesel
2017 Open Range, Mesa Ridge 374BHS
Screwby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 06:40 PM   #3

A quick search came up with this....

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...dio-30921.html

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 06:50 PM   #4
CAG

I have been, and still am a HAM and have been since the early 70s. Besides the HF I have had and operated 2 meters and 70cm for many years. For a short time prior to that I did some CBing, but quickly got out of that. It has gotten worse over the years.

For those that are interested there is a "no code" license that allows operation on 2 meters and systems that are connected by repeaters running across areas of the country. It gives you some communication as you travel but to be honest I have not found that to be something I would use. Too many ratchet jaws that have nothing better to do that jam up airways with blather. In most cases major highways have good cell coverage and emergency contact if needed.

I carry Garmin In-Reach for both back country travel and traveling over the highways. If we need help, between the cell, In Reach and local 2 meter/440 communication we have it covered.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 07:00 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
I have been, and still am a HAM and have been since the early 70s. Besides the HF I have had and operated 2 meters and 70cm for many years. For a short time prior to that I did some CBing, but quickly got out of that. It has gotten worse over the years.

For those that are interested there is a "no code" license that allows operation on 2 meters and systems that are connected by repeaters running across areas of the country. It gives you some communication as you travel but to be honest I have not found that to be something I would use. Too many ratchet jaws that have nothing better to do that jam up airways with blather. In most cases major highways have good cell coverage and emergency contact if needed.

I carry Garmin In-Reach for both back country travel and traveling over the highways. If we need help, between the cell, In Reach and local 2 meter/440 communication we have it covered.
Ah a fellow Ham, yeah I enjoy cruising around 20M and 40M listening for SOTA, POTA, and IOTA stations. Sometimes getting a cool DX here and there but not super interested in the hurry up and give me your info so I can log it type stuff. I like the special events stations and do enjoy a good Field Day event. I think between VHF/UHF and then my HF rig that Comms are covered for us.

73’s
430 amp/hr 6v battery bank
1000w Renogy hard wired inverter
2011 F350 Lariat, DWR 4x4, 6.7 turbo diesel
2017 Open Range, Mesa Ridge 374BHS
Screwby is offline   Reply With Quote