Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-25-2021, 11:13 AM   #1

ceiling fan

I have a 2008 seneca and am interested in putting a ceiling over the bed. It shouldn't be hard to fin power and run it up there but what about mounting it to the ceiling? What ids that part of the ceiling like and what is behind it to mountt to? Has anybody else done this? I am looking at 12v fans.
mjc29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 11:21 AM   #2

This is the schematic for the Sat wiring, but it does show the two aluminum cross members over the bed. If you don't use one of them all you are attaching too is the luan backer under the vinyl.
Attached Files
File Type: doc SENECA SAT WIRING2 (1).doc (60.0 KB, 8 views)
Old 06-25-2021, 09:37 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
This is the schematic for the Sat wiring, but it does show the two aluminum cross members over the bed. If you don't use one of them all you are attaching too is the luan backer under the vinyl.
Ok those look like they are on both sides of the ac unit, do easy to find. Now how to drop ceiling panel to get to them?
mjc29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 07:19 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc29 View Post
Ok those look like they are on both sides of the ac unit, do easy to find. Now how to drop ceiling panel to get to them?
Drop the a/c ceiling assembly. I thought (it's been 8/9 years) that they were full depth and were right under the ceiling panel. If not you can't access them.

The ceiling panels are glued to the foam blocks so you can't drop them without destroying the ceiling.
Old 06-26-2021, 09:58 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc29 View Post
I have a 2008 seneca and am interested in putting a ceiling over the bed. It shouldn't be hard to fin power and run it up there but what about mounting it to the ceiling? What ids that part of the ceiling like and what is behind it to mountt to? Has anybody else done this? I am looking at 12v fans.
I installed a 12VDC fan in our bedroom of the 2006 34SS. I have 480Meg of video of installing it.
Suggestions on how to get the video to you?
18 videos each about 26 Meg.
Instagram @wanderingpeaches
www.youtube.com/@wanderingpeaches
repeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 11:55 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpietsch View Post
I installed a 12VDC fan in our bedroom of the 2006 34SS. I have 480Meg of video of installing it.
Suggestions on how to get the video to you?
18 videos each about 26 Meg.
If you setup a free account with either Google Drive or Microsoft's OneDrive then you can copy the files there and share the file(s) to anyone you choose via email. With Microsoft OneDrive (perhaps google as well) you can share in a read only mode where no one can edit the files but if they have the link (which you could share here) then anyone with the link could download the file(s) to their system to watch. ~CA